Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Things to do with the kids in N. Wales
  • bratty

In a week or two, we will be having a family holiday in the Porthmadog area and so can anyone recommend a good day out for a 7 year-old girl? She like horses, but can’t ride totally by herself, but any tips of things that would be a nice day out for her would be great thank you ta.

breninbeener

In Blaenau Ffestiniog..where the DH track is, there is an indoor underground trampoline complex. Its called ‘bounce below’…fun for kids of all ages 🙂

bratty

Oh, and the answer is not ‘leave ’em with the mrs so you can go on the bike’.

well actually, that is the answer, but……

ctk
    Free Member

Greenwood fun park is good. Rollercoaster/ water slides etc. Also had donkey rides for £2.

I’ve just got back from betws-y-coed. My 3 & 5 year old boys loved it. I saw some leaflets for pony trekking in tourist information but couldn’t tell you details.

bratty

Whoops…. sorry just realised I put this in the bike forum… sorry!!!

I’ve been away a bit and have turned numpty

Thanks for the replies btw

bencooper
    Free Member

We’re in North Wales at the moment, with a 6-year-old girl. She loved Greenwood and Lechwedd – the quarry tour is fun, the underground bit was less approved of.

matt_outandabout

Beach.

copa
    Free Member

Surf Snowdonia.

snotrag

I know it’s yet another expensive touristy thing but – Bounce Below (mentioned above) is absolutely brilliant fun. Also the zip lines at the same site – the 4 man is great. Zip likes and bounce below is enough to fill a day.

aracer
    Free Member

Maybe the answer is to take her bike and take her round MinorTaur at CyB though – my 7yo loved that. I think other than the beach their other favourite thing is the Crazy Climb at the Beacon Climbing Centre in Caernarfon – not cheap to do an official session, but if you can climb/belay yourself and sign up you can take them in after hours when they’re not running their sessions for the price of a kids’ climb (you don’t need to do any belaying, but I think you need to be competent to join and sign them in in the first place – nominally you’re taking them on the climbing wall).

csb

The steam trains that run out of Porthmadog are good for a rainy day, lovely scenery.

holdsteady

Portmerion is worth a vist for a fairly relaxing day.

transporter13
    Free Member

I think there is some pony trekking place on the road that leads to blackrock sands beach…next to a quad biking place.

shakers97
    Free Member

+1 for Greenwood Forest Park

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Things to do with the kids in N. Wales’ is closed to new replies.