Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Things to do near Louth?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Going there this weekend, not my choice but don’t know the area at all, are there any must-do’s?

Think we are about 7 miles from Louth

lodious
    Free Member

Walking, visit Woodhall Spa, beach not too far away, RAF museums. It’s quite a nice samm town, but there ain’t that much to do as far as I know.

vim_fuego
    Free Member

Cadwell Park is close by, a good day out if there is any sort of motorsport on.

ebygomm
    Free Member
    andrewh
    Free Member

Good call on Cadwell, East Kirkby has a Lancaster which is worth a look. Radcliffe Donkey Sanctury is nice.
    National 25m Time Trial Championships near Tattershall this weekend if you have a road bike?

boblo
    Free Member

Leave when……near Louth 🙂

ji
    Free Member

Louth is a great foodie town – real butchers, cheese shops, bakers, delis etc. If you like steak check out the Ranch restaurant, or for a special treat you could try the Priory hotel (but I expect it is long booked up in advance).

The coast around here is really nice…as ong as you avoid the tat that is Mablethorpe or Skegvegas.

If you want to try and hook up for a ride post up at Louth Area Mountain Bikers – http://www.louthnet.com/LAMB . We should be out Sunday Morning (but might be from a few miles outside Louth)

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Thanks any recommendations for nice beaches nearby?

dawson

We normally go to Sutton on sea – no arcades etc, normally pretty quiet

shogger
    Free Member

Sutton on sea good if weather nice. Huttoft and Moggs Eye beaches. Huttoft you can park right on the terrace at the head of the beach – nothing there but that’s what I like!

allthegear
    Free Member

Cheese shop is really good. Best reblouchon I’ve ever had…

Isn’t Woodhall Spa home of the Battle of Britain Flight? Might be able to see something now it’s Summer.

Rachel

midlifecrashes

Hemswell Cliff has a disused RAF base mostly converted to antiques shops, and a bunch of other tat too, should the weather drive you indoors.

http://www.hemswell-antiques.com/

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Things to do near Louth?’ is closed to new replies.