Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Things to do in Peterborough when you're bored? Bike shops? Food?
  • midlifecrashes

Sudden unexpected trip for passport renewal today means I’ll have a ten minute interview followed by a four hour wait to pick up the passport. At least then we can book a flight off this frozen rock for a week. In the meantime, what to do when forced to hang around in Peterborough?

stumpy01

Peterborough museum, cinema, ice skating, drive to Terry Wright Cycles in Deeping for a look about and then have Fish & chips at Linford’s…
    Driving range at Nene Golf, drive to Ferry Meadows for a scenic walk around the lakes…
    Pint in The Brewery Tap (with Thai food for lunch)

binners

Have you considered terrorism?

timbur
    Free Member

4 hours? Drive somewhere nice 1 hour away. Enjoy it for 2 hours. drive back :O)

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Lived there for 15 years – and didnt take many if them to realise there’s not much to do when bored. The best thing I found to do was plan my escape

stumpy01

There’s even a small church type thing you could take a stroll around, if you are that way inclined…

willard

Go to Cambridge for a couple of hours? They have a really big B&Q, so that might take up some time.

Hobster
    Free Member

Drive out into the Fens, return to Peterborough and be amazed.

NJA

Terry Wright Cycles – Big bike shop, nice staff, loads of kit to browse. 8 miles from passport office.

Stamford is about 15 miles, just been named the nicest place in England to live.

Peterborough Cathedral and Museum both very good and in the city centre.

Don’t go to Flag Fen – hyped but rubbish.

Ferry Meadows country park is Ok for a stroll to kill a couple of hours.

_tom_
    Free Member

Take a bmx, afaik theres an alright concrete skatepark over near boongate or whatever its called!

midlifecrashes

Cheers chaps, Cathedral it was, very Norman inside. Just a coffee and a mooch around John Lewis and I can get out of here. Quite a nice place for a nowhere in particular type of town without a Uni. Maybe because the sun is out and there’s no slush underfoot like at home.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Things to do in Peterborough when you're bored? Bike shops? Food?’ is closed to new replies.