• This topic has 14 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by nach.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Things to do in Nottingham in the rain?
  • grtdkad

In Nottingham for a ‘city break’ and gig* with the missus. No kids in tow for the weekend, but hey it’s pishing down.

Any recommendations of must-do places to experience, nice restaurants to try etc?

Any advice appreciated …

*off to see the sparkly, be-feathered, lady from Oz 😉

northernmatt

Dame Edna Everage? Didn’t know she did singing stuff.

glacier79
    Free Member

There’s a few nice places to eat around hockley and the lace market.

Esme
    Free Member

Whitewater rafting? You won’t even notice the rain 😀

scaredypants

city caves tour ? (No idea if they’re any good)
    must be a climbing wall nearby somewhere
    tour de local bikeshops 😉

Spud

Brewhouse Yard, down below the Castle, just happens to be the location of the Trip to Jerusalem pub. The caves are good for a wander for an hour or so, entrance in the Broadmarsh Centre. The Kean’s Head pub in the Lace Market is great for food and beers. The Malt Cross on St James’ Street is cracking too. French Living on King Street is recommended too for food. Bike shops are fairly pants.

scandal42
    Free Member

Go ice skating

Drac

Pub.

chambord
    Free Member

You could go and watch forest get a fourth consecutive 0-0 on Sunday

tiggs121
    Free Member

Stay in bed and have some fun!

maccauk
    Free Member

Get in your car and go somewhere nicer.

nach
    Free Member

Best pub food in Nottingham: The Hand and Heart on Derby Road. The restaurant is in a cave, and you might have to book a table. Annie’s Burger Shack in the Lace Market is popular (I recommend the Lemmy: Jalapenos and JD mustard), so likewise you might need to book or have a long wait for a table.

Tilt (Pelham street) does good cocktails and has staff who give a sh*t. If you don’t want to drink, Lee Rosy’s (Broad Street) does a ton of different types of tea. Brewdog is just opposite. The Dragon (Smithy Row) and The Peacock (bottom of Mansfield Road) are both decent pubs. The Pticher and Piano (Lace Market) is a little w*nky but made from an enormous, beautiful old church. Right next door to Nottingham Contemporary too if art is your kind of thing.

(Um, yeah, Nottingham is mostly just for getting p*ssed and going to gigs).

Local bike shops: Freewheel shut down this year, Bunneys (near the station) were screaming down the stairs at their mechanic every time I went in, Rock’n’Roll bikes are decent and just a little further out than the ice arena.

@maccauk: I did exactly that, but with a van and all my stuff in boxes 🙂

grtdkad

Thanks all. Great help.

grtdkad

Nach, Tilt was a good call. Not at all what I was expecting for a cocktails bar.

Blues music and quality drinks, perfect ta!

nach
    Free Member

You’re most welcome! Meant to say, I second all of Spuds pub and cafe recommendations too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Things to do in Nottingham in the rain?’ is closed to new replies.