Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Things to do in Moscow ?
  • Ifrider
    Free Member

Off to work in Russia for a week involving 2 nights in Moscow and maybe some "sight-seeing" time. Any recommendations for places to go ??

sofatester
    Free Member

Spy?

wwaswas

bit of freelance spying? You get to fly home via Vienna and everything…

[edit] dang.

jon1973
    Free Member

If you base you expectations of Russia on what you learnt from Rocky 5 then be careful as you're bound to be followed around by the KGB.

druidh
    Free Member

Pop down to the beach in Ayr

Gary_M
    Free Member

druidh I've told you before that's MosCOW as in the bovine creature, not Moscow as in 'co-op'. It's the funny incomers that don't know how to pronounce it properly.

jon1973
    Free Member

It's the funny incomers that don't know how to pronounce it properly.

So Americans would automatically pronounce it correctly then?

Gary_M
    Free Member

That's true.

LHS
    Free Member

Solyanka Bar. 8)

konabunny
    Free Member

2 days?

– Sandunovskaya banya (steam rooms, birch etc)
    – Victory Park/Park Pobedy for WW2 (Great Patriotic War) tanks, displays etc, then Borodino panorama
    – take jetfoil cruise along river
    – Go around Kremlin and GUM
    – see if there's a bike tour you can tag along with http://www.themoscowtimes.com/arts_n_ideas/article/night-cycling-through-best-of-citys-east-side/408363.html
    – see the Bienialle: http://www.themoscowtimes.com/arts_n_ideas/article/biennale-of-young-art-takes-over-city-galleries/410040.html
    – take the metro wherever possible to avoid utterly crap traffic

mossimus
    Free Member

Have a meal at the Sword and Shield, in the centre near Lubyanka. It is an old KGB hangout now a KGB themed restaraunt! Cheap and authentic Russian food and frequented by members of the FSB.

Had a great night in there, got bought bottles of vodka and made to drink with the locals.

ourmaninthenorth

Chap I met through work was in a business meeting back in the 90s. He was there with a colleague, also a non-Russian.

They arrived at the meeting and the various Russian attendees commennced the meeting by taking their guns out and laying them on the table.

The meeting went OK, but was difficult in parts. Afterwards, the chap I met left the building and turned right. His colleague left the building and turned left.

The colleague was bundled into the back of a car, taken out of the city and gang raped.

Never been keen on the idea of going to Moscow myself….

konabunny
    Free Member

99% of those stories were complete pish told by bullshitters.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Things to do in Moscow ?’ is closed to new replies.