Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Things to do in Harrogate
  • Riofer
    Free Member

I’m going to be in Harrogate this weekend with the other half. Any recommendations for things to see, do, eat, drink etc.

Cheers

Rio

tails
    Free Member

go get ripped off at bettys

Riofer
    Free Member

Thanks tails – already had that on the list. Any cakes you would recommend?

johnhoo
    Free Member

fat rascal

firestarter
    Free Member

bang birds in the gardens , thats what i did when i was posted in the army there 😉 mmm happy days

tails
    Free Member

Honestly I have only been there with work so have little knowledge of the place, but is it not a spa town? It seems decent nice big park at one end. go and get drunk and wonder around in the cold it’s good for the soul. hope you have a nice time.

firestarter
    Free Member

funnily enough it was great for chasing tail 😉

brdavies
    Free Member

Went there for a wedding a few months in ago in HG and the reception was in Chez la Vie, opposite Waitrose on the same road as Blacks. Can throughly recomend their fisherman’s pie. Then head over to the Old Bell Tavern near the gardens to sample a fine selection of real ales amd belgium beers.

TatWink
    Free Member

You can smoke tea in Harrogate.

Beware of the cakes.

Riofer
    Free Member

brdavies – now your talking! Old Bell Tavern it is.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Fat rascal and yorkshire curd tart in Bettys

Turkish baths are good

Damn Yankee (scooby snack!) or the Jinnah for dinner

Old bell tavern for ale

Walk in the gardens

drink of sulphur water by the pump rooms

brimham rocks for a walk

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Old Bell Tavern is a very short walk from Bettys, you head down Montpellier (not Parliment st) to the roundabout at the bottom, OBT is on the roundabout. Neil Morrisey was in there on Monday night. Check the Blues Bar if you like live music (a few doors down from Bettys). If your into that sort of thing, they have the only RHS gardens north of Watford gap (top of Otley Road). decent restaurants that I know of are The Drum and Monkey and William and Victorias both are a short walk from The OBT.

Philby

Drum & Monkey for fabulous seafood.

A trip to Knaresborough with its castle, river and Mother Shipton’s cave is worth doing.

Also Brimham Rocks are work seeing.

mudshark
    Free Member

I just got back from Harrogate – stayed in The Crown Hotel and drank in the Old Bell. Also ate in the Drum and Monkey and got food poisoining – it might not have been from there but not sure what else I ate that could have been dodgy that day – didn’t drink much that evening BTW!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Things to do in Harrogate’ is closed to new replies.