Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Things to do in Cardiff
  • 40mpg

Heading to South Wales with the family this weekend, was planning a bit of gentle hill walking but the weather might be a bit iffy so likely to head to Cardiff instead as we’ve never been there.

Recommendations for things to do please – family with 2 teen girls so shopping will be involved, but hopefully I’ll distract them with some more interesting stuff too!

Also any recommendations for places to stay?

Pigface
    Free Member

Lots of shopping, go down to the Bay, good museum or Techniquest if they fancy that.

llama

Dr Who

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Street food Cardiff or the Depot if you are down the bay.

rwamartin
    Free Member

Maybe something to try here – Cardiff International White Water Center

Rich

milky1980
    Free Member

If you want something to do while the girls are shopping and you’re in St David’s 2 there’s Mini Golf on the 3rd level of the car park. Head for John Lewis on the 1st floor and the entrance is just past North Face on the left.

dragon
    Free Member

National Museum and Gallery. St Fagan’s. Combine a hill walk with Castell Coch and Caerphilly Castell.

bombjack
    Free Member

My best times in Cardiff all seemed to revolve around booze, the (ahem) Fantasy Lounge and Chip alley.
    Alas I don’t think your wife and kids may appreciate them the same way I did.
    Next time leave them at home.

molgrips
    Free Member

Castell Coch and/or Cardiff Castle
    Museum
    St Fagans is awesome but outdoors

dragon
    Free Member

St Fagans is awesome but outdoors

Well kind of, but it’s easy enough to hide from the rain as it has loads of buildings 🙂

2bit

VE day celebrations in Cardiff Castle

Amser Jazz weekend @ RWCMD

Lots & lots of shopping and food options in the city centre, more food down the bay (3 minute train ride) & here – http://www.streetfoodcardiff.com/

We were in the woods above Castle Coch last weekend & I was v impresed – lovely walks & woodland. Must take the bike next time..

molgrips
    Free Member

We were in the woods above Castle Coch last weekend & I was v impresed – lovely walks & woodland. Must take the bike next time..

That woodland itself is decent but really rather small. However from it you can go as far into Wales as you like mostly off-road so the only limit to your ride is your legs and map reading skills…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Things to do in Cardiff’ is closed to new replies.