Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Things to do in Berlin??
  • BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

I’m heading out to Berlin for a conference and I’ll have one free evening.

I don’t know the city at all but I know I’m staying at the Palace Hotel by the zoo.

Any tips, restaurants etc?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

The ‘Irish pub’ underneath the shopping centre that’s underneath the office building with the big revolving Mercedes badge on the roof is ‘interesting’, especially if go like German country & western bands playing soft rock power ballads!

eugeo81
    Free Member

There are a few titty bars under the railway statin by the zoo so I hear..

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

The Irish pub sounds good! If I read out your description will the taxi driver know it!

RoterStern
    Free Member

Personally I don’t see the point of going to an Irish bar if you are visiting a German city. Kreuzberg would be a good area to head to for a night out. Loads of bars and restaurants to get a real feel of the Berlin flair (it was where Clinton always headed to on his nights off while in Berlin). Failing that Oranienburger Straße is a long road with lots of bars and restaurants (used to be the red light street but has been gentrified now). There is one bar that is an arts collective come squat that is really interesting called Studio 54 if you are into that sort of thing.

bratty

There is so much to do in Berlin – it all depends on what you are after… If you are starting by Zoo then I guess Kreuzberg or Schoneberg area are you best bet for restaurants etc – Zoo itself is a bit sleazy in parts and it is harder to find non-touristy spots in Mitte. But if you want culture then head to Mitte.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Things to do in Berlin??’ is closed to new replies.