Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Things to do and Pubs in Hope / Castleton?
  • vdubber67
    Free Member

I know the Hope Valley well for riding, but we’re going up there with some non-riding friends (and kids) camping for the weekend.

Seeing as it was my idea to go there (not for sneaky early morning rides honest!) I need to be armed with things to do and pubs to visit.

I’ve got all the details of the Caverns and the Castle. Other than that (and walking) is there anything we should consider?

Also – any good pub recommendations for food and a few beers?

Thanks

Pook

Horse/pony trekking?

Hope Valley Dairy – Ice creamery tour

Go and watch the gliders/parascenders. Maybe have a tandem flight.

The George and the Castle pubs both do good food, just in the shadow of Peveril Castle.

Walk up Cavedale and go exploring in the free caves.

The chippy is nice in the square.

jackthedog
    Free Member

The Chesnut Centre is a quick drive up Winnats Pass and along the road a bit. If you like otters and that.

wildrnes
    Free Member

avoid the pub by the station in edale at all costs
    otherwise the devil’s ar53 is a good giggle, oh and before you go down the caves watch the league of gentlemen live, especially the sketch about the cave guide…

“This one over here…people say, “Mick, that doesn’t look like anything at all”. But I don’t know…when I look at it I seem to see a little pair of hands clutching at a slippery rope, sliding down, down into the dark water. Sometimes I’ll stand here for hours…just looking at it”

jackthedog
    Free Member

“I myself am not a fan of the dark, it’s in the dark I see the boy’s face”

Best League sketch by a country mile.

vdubber67
    Free Member

Are there caves you can explore in Cavedale then? (no sarcasm meant!!)

I guess the clue’s in the name isn’t it? Have to say I’ve only ever been down Cavedale at a rate of knots looking ahead of me in slight panic 😉

vdubber67
    Free Member

Are there caves you can explore in Cavedale then? (no sarcasm meant!!)

I guess the clue’s in the name isn’t it? Have to say I’ve only ever been down Cavedale at a rate of knots looking ahead of me in slight panic 😉

Pook

Yes there are, lots of little ones.

And the Rambler is fine (pub next to station in Edale), as I’ve shown on here before.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Things to do and Pubs in Hope / Castleton?’ is closed to new replies.