Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Things to cook on a George Foreman
  • bearnecessities

Obviously it’s not possible to ever get tired of bacon/sausage sarnies, but just imagine for a moment you did – but what else have you made on George?

I’ve peaked at tinned sardine and cheese toasties.

northernmatt

Chicken with chargrilled veg (peppers, courgette, onion, mushrooms etc) Never made it, just an idea.

No working kitchen in there yet?

trail_rat
    Free Member

We have a half griddle / flat plate one so Pancakes , eggs, sausages , bacon and like you toasties 🙂

project
    Free Member

fried eggs just lift the front up so they dont run away

Stoner
    Free Member

Have never tried a George Foreman, but on a griddle I like to cook thin slices of courgette until they have dark stripes on them. Do them in batches and then toss the griddled strips in a light vinaigrette.

Jamie
    Free Member

Cheese toasties & asparagus wrapped in bacon.

sing1etrack

Steak. In fact any meat really. Fried eggs are possible if you lift the front a touch. Fish. Burgers. We had one at work for a while – had some great lunches!

bearnecessities

Not until approximately 2015.

Cheese toasties & asparagus wrapped in bacon.

I want that right now!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Nothing. Ours is at the back of a cupboard, doesn’t seem to get very hot & takes about 3 weeks to cook 4 sausages.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Would suggest that yours is broken then essel

I find with sausages that it doesnt do that charred burnt coating on the outside while leaving the inside raw. Which is nice.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Excellent for reheating pizza.

mattbee

Soup, just pour it on slowly and it will hear up then run into the bowl you placed ready.

bearnecessities

Yup, yours is broken Essel. One thing mine isn’t short of, is heat. You actually have to monitor the Debbie and Andrews (not-so-niche but good quality sausages) as it will nuke the outside given half a chance.

project
    Free Member

Mashed potatoe and onion burgers, dont put the top down though as they spurge out the sides, turn over every few minutes till crisp or smoking,

wiggles
    Free Member

Marinated chicken breasts are great on a foreman

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Yup, yours is broken Essel.

It’s been broken since new then! Never been any good.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Liver and tripe !

trail_rat
    Free Member

Stranger things have happened . Of course that is unless your norfern and like everything to look like coal- it wont do that in a hurry

bearnecessities

Mashed potato and onion burgers

I should have been more explicit. Without any other form of cooking, therefore no boiling pan to boil the tatties!

Marinated chicken breasts are great on a foreman

Cheers wiggles. Again, I should have been more clear. I’m looking for George as a single meal solution.

trail_rat
    Free Member

You sir need a camping stove ( or a microwave) how else are you gonna do the beans 🙂

bearnecessities

Yes, a camping stove was considered! Microwaves are out; call me a luddite but I just don’t like them.

I’m just looking for George ideas to carry me though to summer when I can get the chimenea going 😀

northernmatt

What about a slow cooker? You can get one for about £20. Chuck a load of meat and veg in, forget about it for about 8 hours, job done. You’ll have plenty left for the day after as well.

bearnecessities

I will now google this slow cooker you talk of..

stealthcat

I was also going to suggest a slow cooker – I gave my brother one as a housewarming present, given he didn’t have a kitchen, and it meant they had a choice of barbecue in the garden or slow cooker indoors. Not everything has to take 8 hours, either; get a recipe book to go with it.

And try full-fat slow cooked rice pudding…

johndoh
    Free Member

Slow cookers are great for joints and roast chicken.

maccruiskeen

I should have been more explicit. Without any other form of cooking, therefore no boiling pan to boil the tatties!

[img]http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/07/02/article-2167710-00233DBA00000258-926_468x286.jpg[/img]

walla24
    Free Member

put one of the trays upside down under the front legs…perfect level

then cook eggs….ribbed eggs, genius

trail_rat
    Free Member

crinkle cut eggs ?

the flat plate one really does open up a whole new world of possibilitys 😀 – the flat plates more level than the old crinkle cut one it replaced.

D0NK

Sorry for the thread hijack, I already have a fully working kitchen, is there any reason to buy a GFG? I guess I’m asking does it have some genuinely useful properties or will it end up in the back of the cupboard next to the sandwich toaster?

gogg
    Free Member

Panninis… Pretentious “Euro-Toasties”

jamiea
    Free Member

We were given one years ago for a crimbo present, the only thing we use it for is paninis with lashings of mozzarella and pesto.

Cheers,
    Jamie

jamiea
    Free Member

Haha, beaten to it!

Cheers,
    Jamie

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Don’t really rate it for cooking steak – if you like your steak charred on the outside and pink in the middle, I don’t think it gets hot enough for that.

Good for making toasties and chargrilling vegetables though. Spring onions are surprisingly nice cooked whole on it.

jfletch
    Free Member

Microwaves are out; call me a luddite but I just don’t like them.

Get a microwave combi oven while you are without a kitchen. It will transform what you can eat by just plugging it into the wall.

Then sell it once your kitchen is ready.

Not having one while you are kitchen less is really cutting off your nose to spite your face.

With a camping stove, a george and a combi you don’t even really need the kitchen!

trail_rat
    Free Member

dries out steak and fish too much.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

bearnecessities – Member

Not until approximately 2015.

We managed with one of these for a few months with no working kitchen. Casserole/meat cooked as normal on the bottom pan bit and steamed veggies on the top two layers. Great gadget.

hooli

We got one as a gift and I am underwhelmed TBH, too hot for sausages as it burns them without cooking the middle. OK for bacon and toasties but I am stuck for anything else that I cant do as quickly and easily in a non stick frying pan. The non stick pan is also easier to clean and store.

mark88

Chicken breast with some Jamaican Jerk seasoning, pepper, sliced mushroom and some cherry tomato, nice lunch in 5 mins.

wiggles
    Free Member

Just about to chuck some nandos sauce marinated chicken on mine mmmmmmmm

trail_rat
    Free Member

those of you burning/finding them cold….

you have found the temperature dial right ?

mines has 2 temperature dials – one for each plate.

also if you grab a papertowel and wipe it before it cools down its much much much easier to clean than a frying pan.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Things to cook on a George Foreman’ is closed to new replies.