Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Things that you don’t appreciate until they are gone
  • RealMan
    Free Member

stw

Retrodirect
    Free Member

Not gone yet, but, the Forest-Cafe in Edinburgh, spent the best part of the last 5 years sneaking in booze and avoiding paying their corkage. Only now am I seeing the value in the place which has always been free to all for arts and music, which unless they raise enough money may soon be dissapearing.

jj55

Teeth 😛

ianv
    Free Member

The labour government

Northwind

My right hip

racefaceec90

1. my 2002 matt black cannondale f800 lefty bike (sold to fund a guitar amp.i so loved that bike) 2.a 1996 gibson les paul classic premium plus trans amber guitar (i went up to chandler guitars with my grandfather (who was putting the finances in his name) on the train to see the guitar.a great day out) working in a rubbish sandwitch factory for 6 months to pay for said guitar.then in a feat of major stupidity p/x’ing said guitar for a synth!!! then around a few months later selling synth. what a big idiot i feel 😳 i cannot afford a guitar at the moment (have a borrowed one) i do not think that i will ever be able to afford a guitar like that again .sorry to have droned on but the memory still burns of my stupidity. DOH!!!

mefty
    Free Member

allthepies – +1, this has truly vexed me.

nicko74

Yup, hard to overstate the importance of a good, trusted calculator. Mine’s been going for… 15 years now, I think. Solar powered; come the apocalypse it’ll probably one of my small collection of battered items, of no use to anyone.
    “I need water, clean water” “no, first you have to tell me the inverse sine of 0.75, in radians”

Another one – squash. And sausages. The former is totally unavailable except as expensive imports, here in the wildlands of North America. The latter is available, but it’s really not like British sausages. Boooo

druidh
    Free Member

My Mum

and my Dad
    😥

ivantate
    Free Member

My FX-992 is still with me but i miss its ability to work in anything other than bright sunlight.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Things that you don’t appreciate until they are gone’ is closed to new replies.