Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)
  • Things that you didn't know
  • maxtorque

Over 99.9% of the universe is invisible. Much like a lot of my physics homework back in the day……..

Shibboleth
    Free Member

“Misled” always freaks me out… As does “doing” which I can’t help reading in a way that rhymes with “boing”… Maybe I’ve just ruined the entire English language for everyone…

jambourgie
    Free Member

Me too for ‘Misled’. And don’t get me started on the whole ‘Bagel’ baygel’ middle-class minefield.

chewkw
    Free Member

I find that people are generally more evil than they look no matter how good they present themselves.

seadog101

How my boss has risen to his position. I had to teach him some very very basic trigonometry recently, an important and often critical part of our work. 🙄

jambourgie
    Free Member

I find that people are generally more evil than they look no matter how they present themselves.

Really Chewkw?

That’s quite sad.

You’re either George Bush or you’re hanging out in the wrong crowd. I don’t think I know any evil-doers.

tomhoward

The vast majority of Chinese people under 30 don’t have a sibling.

Guess I’d never really thought about it TBF

yunki
    Free Member

I suspect that chewkw is referring specifically to my wife

jambourgie
    Free Member

😀

Actually, now I come to think about it, I’ve known a few evil women.

BigJohn

The vast majority of Chinese people under 30 don’t have a sibling.

So no aunts or uncles there at all these days.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Just Google imaged ‘cosplay’.

😯

😀

shermer75
    Free Member

I never knew I wanted to cotter samuri’s wife

winston_dog
    Free Member

seadog101 – Member
    How my boss has risen to his position. I had to teach him some very very basic trigonometry recently, an important and often critical part of our work.

seadog – I’m guessing your a deck officer? The amount of ignorant, arrogant and incompetent deck officers I worked with led to leave the sea. A lot of promotion seemed to be based on time served and if their face fit. Quite worrying.

wukfit
    Free Member

I didn’t know the numbers on runways were basically the orientation to the nearest 10 degrees, so runway 22 is aligned at 220 degrees on the compass.
    So is it labelled as “runway 4” at the other end?
    Yes!,Well, no, 04 actually, but you clearly get the idea.
    It’s in the guide.

I thought I got the idea, but wouldn’t it be 14?

schnor
    Free Member

The Littlest Hobo (an 80’s TV programme for all you yoofs) was Canadian. Always assumed it was American. That is all.

chewkw
    Free Member

jambourgie – Member

Really Chewkw?

That’s quite sad.

You’re either George Bush or you’re hanging out in the wrong crowd. I don’t think I know any evil-doers.

Really. Well, most of the ones I met anyway even if I am avoiding them they keep trying … no sure why. So my conclusion is people are generally selfish and evil deep down.

As for George Bush at least you know he is “evil” but the back-stabbers are the one that you need to look out for. I don’t hang around with wrong crowd. In fact, I don’t hang out with anyone apart from few from works (they all got back stabbed 😆 ) coz I am fed up …

yunki – Member

You need to show her your authority! Ride her like no tomorrow. 😆

jambourgie – Member

Actually, now I come to think about it, I’ve known a few evil women.

Some of them are but I know some VERY evil ones. Very Evil.

DezB
    Free Member

Happy Slapping? Get with the times man!

Not quite the same. If I recall, happy slapping was just kids fighting and filming it. The knockout thing isn’t necessarily filmed and it seems to usually be on people who are defenseless…

Drac

Jonah Tonto..
    I believe the same is also true of female Geordies

As someone who kept ferrets when they were young it’s not true of Jills or Geordie wives.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Marina Lambrini Diamandis is Welsh. And ten years older than I thought. With biggier boobs.

MoreCashThanDash

eddiebaby – I have no idea who she is, is it safe to google her next to my wife….?

john_drummer
    Free Member

in Battlestar Galactica, the scene where Laura Roslyn gets her cancer diagnosis, when the camera pans up to the rooflight there’s a Firefly class ship coming into land

eddiebaby
    Free Member

MoreCashThanDash – Member
    eddiebaby – I have no idea who she is, is it safe to google her next to my wife….?

I don’t know. Has your wife ever been next to her? Is Google a euphemism in this context?

sbob
    Free Member

bearnecessities – Member

The sound of the Raptors in Jurassic Park was actually tortoises having sex.

The noise of the original Godzilla’s roar was made by pulling down on the string of a double bass whilst wearing old leather gloves.

I didn’t know for some time that Bill Withers was black. Thought he was just a soulful honky!

sbob
    Free Member

pondo – Member

Francis Ford Coppola and Talia Shire are Nicholas Cage’s uncle and aunt, what with them being brother and sister and all.

Mo from Eastenders is Gary Oldman’s sister.

TooTall
    Free Member

I didn’t even know that apple and pumpkin butter existed until last week. I’ve since made it and had no idea how easy and tasty it was until now.

zippykona

I didn’t know for some time that Bill Withers was black. Thought he was just a soulful honky!

How do you turn a duck into a soul superstar?
    Put it in the microwave til it’s bill withers.

pondo

In that Star Trek thing back in the day, pipes on Kirk’s Enterprise had serial numbers starting GNDN, which stood for Goes Nowhere Does Nothing.

pondo

That’s okay, because when you didn’t, you weren’t

Pleasing! 🙂

bearnecessities

You know those throwback blue towels in public loos, that are seeminly endless?

I discovered today, they are not. I’m not sure whether I broke it, but the end came off and the magic blue loop was no more.

Eyepic
    Free Member

I didn’t know the numbers on runways were basically the orientation to the nearest 10 degrees, so runway 22 is aligned at 220 degrees on the compass.
    So is it labelled as “runway 4” at the other end?
    Yes!,Well, no, 04 actually, but you clearly get the idea.
    It’s in the guide.

I thought I got the idea, but wouldn’t it be 14?

14 would be only 80 degrees away from 22…An airport could have runways 22 and 14 but the other ends would be 04 and 32

Eyepic
    Free Member

^^^^^
    looks like I got my quotes in the wrong places…. Doh

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Spike Milligan does not have “I told you i was ill” on his gravestone.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Spike Milligan does not have “I told you i was ill” on his gravestone.

It’s written in Gaelic

Duirt me leat go raibh me breoite

Cougar

looks like I got my quotes in the wrong places…. Doh

FTFY.

stuarty
    Free Member

Didnt know i was going to like google images results for cosplay

plop_pants
    Free Member

Lucy Lawless is not the daughter of Blackie Lawless, that was a fun argument with an ex

I still don’t know what W.A.S.P stand for.

aye-aye
    Free Member

A baby echidna is known as a “puggle”

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=SGleaTJoy1U[/video]

Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘Things that you didn't know’ is closed to new replies.