Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Things that are expensive, not much practical use, but you WANT!
  • stumpy01

Not exactly expensive, although I had far better things to spend my money on….

I bought this just before Christmas knowing full well that it would get built, used about 5 times & never see the light of day again….
    But, I’d wanted a Tamiya buggy to build since I was about 11 years old, so thought ‘sod it’.

So far, I think I have used it outside 4 times. It would probably get used more if I had more time & somewhere appropriate to use it…! 😀

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

But, I’d wanted a Tamiya buggy to build since I was about 11 years old, so thought ‘sod it’.

I totally, totally get that. 😀

mogrim

I bought this just before Christmas knowing full well that it would get built, used about 5 times & never see the light of day again….

Snap 🙂

It was fun building it, though.

stumpy01

mogrim – Member

Snap

It was fun building it, though.

It was indeed! I tried to do it as slowly as possible so I didn’t rush through it!

The problem I have is mild upgradeitis. The rear springs are too soft and it drags it’s arse on the ground everywhere.
    I’ve borrowed some stiffer springs off a bloke at work who’s into it all, but need to get some of my own.
    Plus, I wanna get a turnbuckle kit for it, to fiddle with the front steering geometry. It understeers quite a bit which ‘the internet’ reckons can be improved with some simple tweaks.

The kit was only £85 though & the springs/turnbuckles will be about £20 from Japan (much more from UK suppliers) to upgrade something which spends most of it’s time in the garage…..but I don’t like knowing that it can be improved, without actually doing it! 🙂

Merak

But, I’d wanted a Tamiya buggy to build since I was about 11 years old,

Me too, I did enjoy building it but like you I have upgrade fever.

I got oil filled dampers, brushless motor etc, then looked at some sort of stadium truck…..
    I stumbled across this;

Volition

It’s bonkers, makes Tamiya look like a toy. Under £120 too, honestly I cannot recommend it highly enough.

aracer
    Free Member

Arguably most of the things on this thread are “art”.

Possibly the most expensive cycle hub:

http://www.unicycle.uk.com/unicycle-parts/hubs-bearings/kris-holm-schlumpf-geared-unicycle-hub.html

(I actually already own one, but it’s an old one which isn’t really as good as the current ones and I didn’t pay anywhere near that much)

pictonroad

Not much practical use for me. I cycle to an office job…

gobuchul
    Free Member

It understeers quite a bit which ‘the internet’ reckons can be improved with some simple tweaks.

It will always understeer when you have those skinny front tyres and wider rear tyres. Put a set of matching wheels on. Doesn’t look as funky but will steer a lot better.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Things that are expensive, not much practical use, but you WANT!’ is closed to new replies.