• This topic has 117 replies, 73 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by NZCol.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 118 total)
  • Things that annoy you but shouldn't
  • johndoh
    Free Member

Went to the supermarket last night and got to the checkout and the person in front of me hadn’t put the little divider out after their shopping. Drives me mad – lazy sods.

(I know). 😳

Klunk
    Free Member

Went to the supermarket last night and got to the checkout and the person after me hadn’t put the little divider out after my shopping. Drives me mad – lazy sods.

the-muffin-man

I was just about to start a similar thread, but in a petty Room 101 style! My three things are…

• Pathetic hand driers that fail spectacularly in the sole job they are designed to do.
    • Frying pans in self catering accommodation – has anyone found a useable one!?
    • People who park at petrol pumps, don’t put fuel in and just go shopping for 20 minutes.

km79
    Free Member

Pointless comments.

Kryton57

People who sit in Brewers Fayre Aldershot last night* / in general talking crap about how great they are to their colleague, in a voice loud enough to clearly indicate that are actually telling everyone on the whole room.

No wants to know how you wealded your awesome power to eject Sadie for your Sales pitch team you powerful man you, shut the **** up.

* I go to all the nice places :/

theflatboy
    Free Member

My colleague’s stuff going over the border between our two desks and onto my desk. Particularly when I come back from a meeting / holiday and his stuff isn’t just over the border it is, in fact, just on my desk. 👿 👿

andybrad

people

cheekyboy
    Free Member

McDonalds toilets designed by some weirdo who wants the person drying his hands to be able to closely monitor your urination technique.

oink1
    Free Member

the-muffin-man – Member

• People who park at petrol pumps, don’t put fuel in and just go shopping for 20 minutes

This. Makes me incandescent with rage!! Or when they have put in fuel but then do a weekly shop for four. Pull off the pump ffs!

mountainman

Drivers who don’t know that wonderful stork on the steering column activates an INDICATOR that tells other drivers where you might be GOING!

Yak

The latest dyson combined tap/dryer in public toilets. It’s like a trident with the tap in the middle and then ultra powerful dryers either side.

I can see the idea – dry your hands quickly at the basin so the water drips back into the basin. In reality the dryer goes off at the slightest bit of hand proximity, usually when you have soap on. Then the massive power of the dryer immediately turns the soap to foam and blasts it all over the room and into your face. Rubbish.

senorj

Poorly maintained garden hedges.
    Particularly if they take up half the pavement .

sandwicheater

People at the checkout who only start to look for their wallet/purse etc as/when told the total to be paid. FFS, you knew this was coming, have the card/cash ready. I should pick up what ever pudding they have in their bags and hurl it across the shop.

mrchrispy

my wife

SaxonRider

1. People who do a year’s worth of accounting and bank transactions while standing at the bank machine.

2. People who take 45 minutes to check that they have everything after paying with coins at the automatic check-out.

3. People who do an airline-level check of everything before pulling away from the pump after filling up.

4. People who pause, then take off slowly from lights, causing me to almost go into their rear bumper – whether on a bike or in a car.

5. Cars.

johndoh
    Free Member

Ohh and the person in the shared office toilets who switches the hand-drier off at the isolation switch every time they use it. Why?

Mister-P
    Free Member

Drivers who don’t know that wonderful stork on the steering column activates an INDICATOR that tells other drivers where you might be GOING!

My car isn’t equipped with a long legged wading bird that supposedly delivers babies.

wilburt
    Free Member

Being given a receipt for minor purchases.
    People who stand in doorways.

cranberry
    Free Member

The supermarket divider – simply place your shopping on the band next to theirs and they will almost always put a divider down. If they don’t, let your shopping mix with theirs and waste their time.

People who watch their shopping get scanned then wait to pay THEN start packing it.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I leave my phone charger plugged in in my home office with just the wire sticking out on the desk as the plug is awkward to get at.

Someone uses this plug socket (there are other convenient ones in the room) to do the hoovering or similar and leaves it unplugged or switched off.

I cannot see this and do not realise until my phone dies. Grr.

fasthaggis

People that pull out then don’t accelerate up to a decent speed.
    It’s like they think “oh job done,nothing more to do,it’s only a pushbike”

falkirk-mark

All the morons at the baggage carousel at the airport that seem to think you need to stand almost on top of it whilst waiting for your case. Stand back a couple of feet so we can all see the bags that are coming round and while we are at it how is your wife and 2 kids right beside you is that just to make the place even more crowded can they not wait a few feet at the back of you with the trolley.

maccruiskeen

• Pathetic hand driers that fail spectacularly in the sole job they are designed to do.

The whole ecosystem of that annoys me. It annoys me that those machines exist – that all through the design, prototyping and manufacture process nobody stops and thinks ‘hang on – this hand drier we’re going to make doesn’t dry hands’. Even though their business is called ‘World Dryer’ and thats their only job.

And the distributor doesn’t think – ‘this hand dryer doesn’t dry hands’

And the retailer does’t think about that

And whoever specs and and installs it doesn’t

And whoever manages and maintains the premises doesn’t seem to care either – just send it back as unfit for purpose you idiot. They don’t deserve your money.

The whole of the journey from the germ of the idea to the moment you’re standing there pointlessly waving your hands in some warm breath has just been one colossal mexican wave of shrugged shoulders.

simmy
    Free Member

Motorists who, when it’s raining, just turn the car off leaving the wipers in the middle of the screen.

egb81
    Free Member

People at airport security checks who get to the scanners and then ask whether they have to take their laptops out of their hand luggage/keys and wallet out of pocket etc etc. There are a million signs, several people and tannoy announcements telling you to do so before you get to this point! 👿

thegreatape
    Free Member

Motorists Wives who, when it’s raining, just turn the car off leaving the wipers in the middle of the screen, which in winter causes them to freeze to the screen in that position and then when you turn the car on in the morning they try to move but are stuck which **** them up and you keep doing this despite your husband asking you not to because he’s got better things to do than sort out your wipers day after day after day.

johndoh
    Free Member

People who randomly stop in the middle of the street right in front of me, then turn around into me.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Actually, on second thoughts

Motorists Wives who, when it’s raining, just turn the car off leaving the wipers in the middle of the screen, which in winter causes them to freeze to the screen in that position and then when you turn the car on in the morning they try to move but are stuck which **** them up and you keep doing this despite your husband asking you not to because he’s got better things to do than sort out your wipers day after day after day. in general.

santacoops
    Free Member

Slow walking people down narrow walkways or people standing in busy areas such as tube stations or train stations directly in the way of people trying to get where they are going while staring blankly at something. “Out of the blinking way! Man with an agenda here!”

People walking 2 or 3 abreast (!) down a pavement when you are walking towards them and they don’t move which pushes you onto the road to walk.

Generally, people who are not self aware.

stevied
    Free Member

On the subject of windscreens…

My wife’s Fiesta has one of those heated windscreens that defrost quickly, I don’t 👿

DezB
    Free Member

Bad driving that I see that has no effect on me whatsoever. Could be a few cars ahead, or going the opposite direction! Why? Why do I get annoyed by it?!

Gary_M
    Free Member

– fog lights on front or rear
    – anyone in a post office with a plastic bag full of bills still in their envelopes who have come to pay a million bills. And just when you think they’ve finished the server asks ‘is there anything else I can help you with’, ‘yes, can I have £3billion out of my account in £1 coins – bastards.
    – incorrect use of their/they’re/your/you’re etc
    – drivers that creep forward at lights then when the lights change to ‘go’ they take an hour to move off
    – people who exaggerate

santacoops
    Free Member

People waiting for the useless piece of paper after cash at a cashpoint.

orangespyderman

The whole ecosystem of that annoys me. It annoys me that those machines exist – that all through the design, prototyping and manufacture process nobody stops and thinks ‘hang on – this hand drier we’re going to make doesn’t dry hands’. Even though their business is called ‘World Dryer’ and thats their only job.

And whoever manages and maintains the premises doesn’t seem to care either – just send it back as unfit for purpose you idiot. They don’t deserve your money.

The whole of the journey from the germ of the idea to the moment you’re standing there pointlessly waving your hands in some warm breath

6 out of 10 up to here. But I’d give you 2 bonus points just for this

has just been one colossal mexican wave of shrugged shoulders

8/10

falkirk-mark

– drivers that creep forward at lights then when the lights change to ‘go’ they take an hour to move off
    – people who exaggerate

Ironing

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

The whole of the journey from the germ of the idea to the moment you’re standing there pointlessly waving your hands in some warm breath has just been one colossal mexican wave of shrugged shoulders

😆 😆

That’s some gem writing there. Coffee snort funny. 9/10

Gary_M
    Free Member

– people who exaggerate
    Ironing

Yes, obvs

woody74

Brilliant!!!

The whole of the journey from the germ of the idea to the moment you’re standing there pointlessly waving your hands in some warm breath has just been one colossal mexican wave of shrugged shoulders.

– Petrol station pump design. In the past you could go to any pump and they swung out over your car if the filler was on the wrong side. None seem to do this anymore.
    – People that put their side lights on. What is the poiint of side lights anyway?

JEngledow
    Free Member

Our local supermarket has a section of parent and child spaces tucked around the side of the shop, down a dead-end section of road, because it’s fairly narrow and a dead-end there’s a hatched box at the end (next to a space) that can be used to turn around if you drive down and there are no spaces left (otherwise you have to reverse back out, across a zebra crossing and onto the main route around the carpark while trying to avoid morons with trolleys). The selfish ****’s that park in that box really piss me off* (even if there’s a space and I don’t need to turn around at the end)!

*this is made worse by the fact that I cannot do anything like poo on their windscreen because I’m meant to be an adult and set a good example for my children 👿

thegreatape
    Free Member

They’re a legal requirement, from the olden days, but otherwise I concur. Most DRL’s are brighter than sidelights, so they’re now doubly pointless.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 118 total)

The topic ‘Things that annoy you but shouldn't’ is closed to new replies.