Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Things teachers called you
  • Dickyboy

I think getting called a Spastic & a prat all in one sentence was pretty special but that was by the same art teacher who thought that a good advent calendar was to string 25 x 2nd years up & burn one each day & also used to threaten to cut the little ones up & send them home in brown paper parcels to their mums.

Got called “the school lunatic” by another teacher but this was in a softy southern grammar school so the bar was set pretty low

education in the 1970/80’s *sigh*

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Loads of stuff from teachers, however, my best nickname was at Scouts.

‘Wisnae me’.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

In our Junior school, we all got addressed as ‘miserable little squirts’ or ‘miserable little ticks’ by one teacher.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Taylorforth – FFS, my surname’s not that hard to pronouce. Helps if you’ve read it properly to start with first.

yunki
    Free Member

They called me sir if they wanted their car to still be in the staff car park at home time

fasthaggis

Special

perchypanther
    Free Member

Had a physics teacher (a.k.a Greasy) at school who often was heard to refer to the pupils as “vermin”.

Had a history teacher (Chimp) who insisted on giving kids nicknames which never stuck. If you had spiky hair you would be Henry Hedgehog for example. He insisted on calling me “Mary Mungo” after a 70’s TV show.

Stoner
    Free Member

One younger chemistry master had the brazen oikiness to think he could call me “Stoner” like my classmates in an effort to “get down wiv the cool kids”.

More fool him. I was the king of UN-cool kids. That’ll teach him!

Drac

Spastic. Yup I kind of lost respect and interest in school from that point.

jimbobo
    Free Member

Southampton boy. I was wearing my saints shirt to be fair.

SaxonRider

L’Abbé James.

I was schooled in French, and the smaller bay at the bottom of Hudson Bay in Canada is called James Bay or, in French, ‘La Baie James’.

Hence I became ‘the Abbot’.

Pigface
    Free Member

You are a yob, yob is boy spelt backwards therefore you are a backward boy 😆

beefheart
    Free Member

I was called a facetious little devil as a 12 year old, which stuck with me.

johndoh
    Free Member

Ironically, given the OPs forum name, my nickname at school was Dicky.

(And my name doesn’t contain the name ‘Richard’ or ‘Richards’ anywhere in it).

Pigface
    Free Member

Perchy hate to break this to you but it was Mary, Mungo and Midge

bearnecessities

Sexy.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Perchy hate to break this to you but it was Mary, Mungo and Midge

I know. I was there.

My surname is Mitchell.

Geddit? Mary, Mungo and Mitch.

Epic bantz there from the Chimp.

senorj

A history teacher called me a Tw*t! as he slapped my face so hard I got whiplash.
    It was the 80’s and I had been giving him lip – so probably deserved it tbh.

john_drummer
    Free Member

<welsh accent>
    Mr Cooper
    </Welsh accent>

My surname starts with ‘H’

jimw
    Free Member

Since I had a genetic doppelgänger in my class for most of my schooling, it was usually my brothers’ name for at least 50% of the time if they could be bothered to try, or ‘you’ if they couldn’t.

ekul
    Free Member

We only really had one teacher who put any effort into this but he was pretty old school.

I was Yorkshire, as my surname is a place in Yorkshire.
    My mate was called Cleveleys, as his surname was Thornton.
    My two favourites were the short squat Korean kid who he affectionately names ‘Oddjob’ closely followed by a chap named Abraham Zachariah, who was known as “A to Z”

This was in the mid 2000s.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Taylorforth – FFS, my surname’s not that hard to pronouce. Helps if you’ve read it properly to start with first.

Could this be the first recorded example of trolling, or as we used to call it taking the rise?

bones
    Free Member

“Billy Idle” and “dickhead” are the only ones I remember

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

‘Stuart’

Aged 12 & I’d never heard of Stuart Grainger. Didn’t have a clue why he called me that.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

My teacher once called me ALF

I later found out that this meant annoying little ****

Northwind

“The worst sort of sneaky wee bastard” 😆 which I thought was a wee bit harsh.

OTOH my favourite teacher came out with something like “You’re about the last person I thought would turn out to be the hammer of ****ing justice!” after I beat snot out of someone pretty much twice my size, who he agreed totally deserved it. He also said “You’re clever enough to get yourself into all sorts of trouble but not clever enough to get out”, which 20 years on I don’t think I’ve disproved even once. Good guy though.

fisha
    Free Member

I got called a cultured lout by a teacher . . . cultured cause I could play the piano, but lout cause I’d drawn on the desk.

(I tried to deny said drawing, but my fate was sealed when the teacher found the same drawing in my jotter on the desk at time … doh)

leffeboy

was to string 25 x 2nd years up & burn one each day

Does anyone else have eyesight problems with this site so that ‘rn’ looks like ‘m’. Can make for some comedy reading sometimes

scunny
    Free Member

My DT teacher once spent 30 minutes convincing the class I was gay because I had my ear pierced. He took a dislike to me and spent the next 3 years doing similar. The joke was on him though, as soon after I started working at Halfords with his son who soon became my bff (no homo). I’ll be best man at his wedding in 3 months and look forward to addressing it in my speach.

revs1972
    Free Member

Does anyone else have eyesight problems with this site so that ‘rn’ looks like ‘m’. Can make for some comedy reading sometimes

Are you referring to the BBC 1970’s Advent Calender

jamj1974

“You! Boy!”. Was my secondary school heads favourite term for me. I had no respect for him whatsoever. He didn’t take kindly to my suggestion he use my name… Which was ok, as after that I refused to call him ‘Sir’ as he wanted…

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Grinning gorilla.

So I called her a b&&ch.

Letter home and detention for 2 weeks picking up litter but just used a full bin around the corner and played on my Nintendo Gameboy until I had to report back after an hour with a full bag.

As a teacher I called them a plank if they were really silly but only with the ones who tell me they were arrested on the weekend etc. I’m waiting fir one of them to sell me a car or bike next.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Standing outside the staff room staring down the long corridor waiting on the year head to see him coming towards me at pace, already red in the face he spat “f’ing bar steward” or words much stronger that before he punched me in the gut. Not sure who most shocked him or the other students who witnessed it.
    My Maths teacher used to call me “outside” a lot before pointing to the door. He was actually one of my favourite teachers. Mostly I was just called by surname.

RoterStern
    Free Member

My geography spent 3 years calling me Grimsby on account of my surnane being the same as a certain bumhole of a city on the Humber.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Things teachers called you’ is closed to new replies.