Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Thinbiking
  • euanc
    Free Member

A friend and I went for a two day bicycle ride on not entirely suitable bikes.

Have a read about it here if these photos tickle your fancy and you want to see more:

http://bit.ly/thinbiking

As always, constructive criticism on writing or photography is more than welcome!

amedias
    Free Member

great pics! looks like you had a fantastic time.

personally I prefer more ‘wordy’ blogs to help me get a better feel for not just the events, but the mindset of the author during (and after) them, but I get that not everyone is into that from a writing or reading POV, it was a great photo-log of the trip though, very jealous 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

Nah, short & sweet is better, sometimes blogs are too wordy & the author pontificates like they love the sound of their own voice. The pictures here speak volumes no need for embellishments. Looks like a great adventure

I love the “thinbiking” thing too 🙂

mrblobby
    Free Member

Like that.

wicki
    Free Member

Bravo, they make Scotsman from tough stuff

psycorp
    Free Member

Liked that. Good effort OP.

ampthill

This conforms to my view that mid size tyres are out of fashion

40c on your cross bike, cool

3 inch tyres on your 650b+, on point

2.1 inch tyres. Get real what are you a Liberal Democrat and they are history

Oh and lovely photos they told the story really well

ahwiles
    Free Member

top blogging.

you win the internet today.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Like +1

Quite enjoying the current spate of “we went on an adventure, and actually it was a bit shit” blogs.

And the constant references to buying pies makes a change from the usual lottery winning shopping list of kit only available from bearded men in sheds.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Excellent read, really enjoyed the words and the photographs :mrgreen:

adsh
    Free Member

Love the title, love the front page of the blog, love the menu section (with all the various trips).

The B&W photos could grace a Rapha brochure etc – truly stunning. Some of the colour ones are as good (the climb in the snow). I can’t decide if the more ‘human’ ones which make it more approachable and fun also lower the overall quality.

If the aim is truly to showcase your work then I’d say they probably do and you could edit more selectively.

zero-cool
    Free Member

OMG! You rode yon snow and ice without a fat bike and didn’t die, how is that possible? Witchcraft I tell thee

Tom KP.

Ps. Looked like a good time. And nice pictures

euanc
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback all!

Bravo, they make Scotsman from tough stuff

We are actually both Northern Irish, don’t want to be giving the Scots more credit than they are due! 😉

Love the title, love the front page of the blog, love the menu section (with all the various trips).

The B&W photos could grace a Rapha brochure etc – truly stunning. Some of the colour ones are as good (the climb in the snow). I can’t decide if the more ‘human’ ones which make it more approachable and fun also lower the overall quality.

If the aim is truly to showcase your work then I’d say they probably do and you could edit more selectively.

Cheers, valid point, I guess I need to work out what the aim actually is, the blog side of it has been an afterthought in terms of the overall site so I’m still finding my feet!

marvincooper

Love it, what camera are you using? Fantastic photos and I like the write up, spot on

euanc
    Free Member

Thanks, a Sony RX100M3, doing the job nicely so far!

1-shed
    Free Member

Enjoyed that, thanks 1 shed.

pitduck
    Free Member

brilliant 8)

Cheezpleez

Great trip – and a great blog!

twistedpencil

Really enjoyed the words and photos.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Thinbiking’ is closed to new replies.