Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • THIEVING SCUM!!
  • neilnevill
    Free Member

I’ve been burgled! :o(

been away from home for Christmas, just got home to find some low life has smashed the double glazed unit in the french doors into hte conservatory…by throwing a plant pot from the patio through it…and then smashed a double glazed unit in the kitchen door to get into the house. what a **** mess. :o(

Quick search of the house…muddy footprints and stuff strewn everywhere but as yet I’ve not seen anything missing….I have nothing of value really and I guess electricals like the hifi and PS3 are too large for them to bother.

THANKFULLY THEY HAVEN’T GONE IN THE GARAGE SO MY FLEET, AND MY LODGERS FLEET, OF BIKES ARE ALL STILL THERE!!! Let’s rejoice in small mercies.

Met plod just been to take a statement….now waiting for a SOCO tomorrow.

happy 2012 everyone.

buttercup
    Free Member

Maybe somebody thought their lady had changed the locks before they realized they were 3 houses too far…

fatalbert
    Free Member

At least them Scroates who have trashed your home that you have worked hard for, will be taken on a outward bound course and all that good stuff…they is only one winner in todays society and that is the underclass.

alexpalacefan

Fatalbert, finished with the Mail today?

APF

fatalbert
    Free Member

I live next to a outward bound center in Barley, I know I sjouldnt sterotype but the only way a youth gets to canoe for free is to nick a car!

neilnevill
    Free Member

Hmmm, they also left me my booze….the Jamesons will be gone shortly

neilnevill
    Free Member

Suddnely I feel grateful I spent a shed load of money on floor standers….clearly they were too big to carry! 😀

neilnevill
    Free Member

right now…im feeling the booze. iiock!

maxray
    Free Member

I remember when we got burgleded, it is a bit of a shock. A proper sense of violation 🙁 seem to recall we stayed up drinking all night too! Hope things get sorted.

atlaz
    Free Member

Sorry you got broken into, good they didn’t really take anything despite the mess.

I got burgled 3 times in 4 months at uni. The first one was a shock and left me feeling quite nervous in my own home (despite the fact we were 4 fairly strong and fit blokes). The second I was less bothered about and the third barely registered (they’d got everything of value by then and we hadn’t got insurance money through yet). When they arrested the kid who did it, the police basically offered us his address warning us not to take matters into our own hands. Tempting but ultimately they knew where we lived as much as vice versa.

Maybe somebody thought their lady had changed the locks before they realized they were 3 houses too far…

I had a mate who did something similar when I was about 20 (well he was “getting his own back” on a girl who dumped him). We made him bung a load of cash through the door the following day with big threats of going to the police if he didn’t. He was never going to go and man up to the house owner though so it was the best we could do. He’s not a mate any more.

donsimon
    Free Member

fatalbert – Member

At least them Scroates who have trashed your home that you have worked hard for, will be taken on a outward bound course and all that good stuff…they is only one winner in todays society and that is the underclass.
    I do find this kind of thing abhorrent in a modern educated Britain, I can’t believe people like this are allowed to roam the streets. Hanging is too good for them. Scum, pure scum.

Hope everything works out for the OP.

enfht
    Free Member

Sounds like they were disturbed, but are you certain they didnt see the bikes and plan to come back soon with a bigger van?

I pushed my way into somebody else’s hotel room past the door stop when I was four thinking my older brother was playing games and can still vividly remember the terror when the penny dropped!

Dark-Side

Sorry to hear that mate, at least the bikes are still there though!

Matt24k
    Free Member

I know you will be on super high alert and a bit paranoid for a while but it does sound like they were disturbed before they could nick any thing. They have habit of sticking to the same area until caught as I found out a few years back. We were done and then I found that 4 other near by properties were done in the 7 days prior to ours.
    You almost had to admire the thieving scum as they broke in through the back and then put the security chain on the inside of the front door. That gave them enough time to do a runner when I opened the front door and was blocked by my own “security device”. By the time I got round the back they were long gone with, amongst a good van load of stuff, a 32″ CRT telly than weighed a ton and took at least two people to man handle. Thinking back, maybe it was a good thing I didn’t catch them and I’m thinking of my safety, not their’s.
    No, I don’t have a security chain on my door any more and yes I did install an alarm and generally beef up security.
    Keep ’em peeled.

matt_outandabout

arse and commiserations.

project
    Free Member

Thats the problem with toughened glass on rear doors, smash it and youve got a nice big door to walk through, always fit laminated, the plantpot would most probably bounce back and hit them.

Sorry for your loss,

Cougar

Just a random thought, are you sure you’ve still got all your keys?

GJP
    Free Member

Here’s hoping the low life scum get caught, get their free canoe trip and drown the process. A cheap coffin and burial is efficient and effective use of my tax dollars.

I consider myself a leftish wing liberal in my views but middle age is catching up with me

neilnevill
    Free Member

I seem to have all the keys yes, thanks.

Don’t think they were disturbed…muddy (or rather potting compost…from the plant pot) foot prints go round the whole house, draws and wardrobes all rummaged/tossed. I just seems he wanted cash or jewelry and I had neither.

thanks for the comments

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘THIEVING SCUM!!’ is closed to new replies.