Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Thieves caught on camera steeling bike from car – scrote content!
  • xico
    Free Member

I found it took couple of attempts to get the video to play through to the end.

http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/video-triathlete-nick-hannah-chased-11600864

JohnClimber
    Free Member

I’d have to ask.
    Why wasn’t it locked on to the roof bars.
    And if it was what shite roof bar/lock was it?
    Another simple cheap lock through the rear wheel and frame would have bought him more time as the scrotes didn’t look to be tooled up

STATO
    Free Member

I’d have to ask.
    Why wasn’t it locked on to the roof bars.
    And if it was what shite roof bar/lock was it?

All of standard bike racks that clamp the frame tubes will release the bike if you pull hard enough, even if they are ‘lockable’.

NZCol

I watched 2 guys casing up the bikes on the back of my van last week near Ambleside. I had a Juliana and my Tallboy on the rack (as usual), locked straps, large cable lock through chassis and round both bikes plus rack and a massive chain lock on bikes and main rack beam. |I had been paddling and had paddled back in where I could see them but they couldn’t see me. They looked at it for ages then obviously decided it would take too long or not be possible so these ar$eh0les are around. Saying that, my bikes are insured while attached to the rack so I am less concerned than maybe I should be.

jekkyl

where was the guy chasing the scrotes in fliflops?

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

We were out in Ambleside last week admiring a Juliana and Tallboy on the back of some van. I hope the owner didn’t spot us and assume we were casing the joint. That’d be embarrassing for them.

NZCol

Do you often walk around with a toolbag and some bolt cutters ?

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

I had exactly the same thing from neighbours notifying me that a couple of stocky blokes were hanging around my house carrying a toolbox. Turned out it was the fire brigade coming to install smoke alarms.
    So yes, innocent peeps might just carry bolt croppers and tool boxes.
    Vigilancy like that and you should start a security business. 😛

cb

Surely the local police will ID those two from that quality of video? Shame he didn’t pedal under a bus…

gonzy
    Free Member

i hate it when the police say stuff like the “car is known to us”…it means absolutely naff all as they will do very little about it or by the time they have finished their doughnuts and go to enquire about it…the bike will be long gone

same thing happened with mine…i tracked it down after the police couldn’t give a toss. i literally forced them under threat of legal action to recover it form the guy selling it/ it then turned out that he had bought it from a cash converter store who gave the details of the seller
    plod said “this name is known to us” but apparently after 6 weeks they realised that the picture cash converters took of the guy didn’t match the name and that the address was of a bank…so much for the police showing their expert detective skills
    they also had a fingerprint from the scene of the crime but they ballsed that up too

when its gone…just class it as its gone
    never rely on the police to do anything about it….they’re useless and incompetent idiots
    just insure it and get the crime ref number and then move on

gonzy
    Free Member

a mate had his remedy ripped off his thule roof bars once. he’d popped into his office for literally a minute on the way to the shop to drop it off for a service. they waited until the camera was facing away before they struck…insurance wasnt interested at all

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Thieves caught on camera steeling bike from car – scrote content!’ is closed to new replies.