Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Thicko Tax question
  • bryan-g-

I will never understand tax and cant find anything online. What I want to know is roughly if I earned £19000 ish and with my alowance of £6455 and what I cant find out is if i have £7000 expensise what deductions should I get for that. So what should I be paying roughly.

druidh
    Free Member

What are these £7,000 “expenses”?

bryan-g-

Bought a van and there is fuel the odd tool and general bits here and there

br
    Free Member

Do you mean that you are self-employed?

bryan-g-

yes im self employed

BoardinBob
    Trekster

Worth paying a good accountant if self employed

br
    Free Member

Then normal PAYE rules don’t apply.

Have you registered as self-employed?

bryan-g-

Yes I kind of know how much I should pay I if I didnt spend anything but its what deductions do you get for expendature.

bryan-g- – Member

Yes I kind of know how much I should pay I if I didnt spend anything but its what deductions do you get for expendature.

I believe if it’s your first year you may be able to put 100% through your books, rather than having to get complicated with Capital Allowances – might make next year tougher if you do though.

bryan-g-

This will be my third year. I just seem to have been paying a lot the last couple of years.

catfood
    Free Member

Get an Accountant, best money you will ever spend, it is even tax deductable.
    I would imagine you will be able to write off 100% of your tools and van, unless you use your van outside of work. My car is classed as a business vehicle and I get 80% of everything related to it written off, I think this is fairly standard.

craigxxl
    Free Member

You need a good accountant. You do not understand understand the differences between capital and revenue expenditure with their different treatments in arriving at your taxable profit before deducting your tax allowance. £120 for the accountants expertise will be saved in tax.

bryan-g-

I have an accountant I am just checking. Thanks all.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Then use the accountants knowledge, if you don’t understand get him to explain how it was arrived. If they don’t get a better accountant

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Thicko Tax question’ is closed to new replies.