• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Sui.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Thick thin options for Sram XX?
  • jobro
    Free Member

Sorry if this has been covered. I never do very well with the search function on the site!

I have a Sram XX double chainset. Its a 120 bcd. It doesn’t have a spider (that I can see) so I’m at a loss what single thick thin style ring I can use.

The works component one seems to be for replacement spiders and the Renthal one has a 36T as the smallest ring they do and I couldn’t pedal that. The others that I can find don’t fit 120 bcd.

Is there a 32T thick thin ring that will fit my crankset?

Thanks

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Might be cheaper to sell the XX chainset and buy a XX1.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

If you are using GXP BB then you can use a spiderless ring which will save you even more weight.

tonyd

Wolftooth do a 120 BCD thick/thin chainring. Looks like they’re sold out currently but drop them a mail, they’re a friendly bunch.

They’re not the cheapest, and you’re running the risk of getting stung on import duty, but the 34T 104 BCD I’ve been running is pretty good.

Edit: Ah, 36T only so maybe no good.

teamslug
    Free Member

I got a spiderless wolftooth one for my BB30 sram carbon cranks. Chainline is good and not lost chain once ( xx rear mech & 10 speed set up). Got mine from Dulight in france. Quick delivery – no duty. Only 36t though

http://www.dulight.fr/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=151&products_id=2086

jobro
    Free Member

Might be cheaper to sell the XX chainset and buy a XX1

My LBS said that 🙂

Sui
    Free Member

When are Middleburn doing a HArdcoat T/T ring??

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Thick thin options for Sram XX?’ is closed to new replies.