Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Thick summer gloves or thin winter gloves
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

Windproof backs would be ace but thin non bunching palm, size large (think aldi back and 661 raji palm)

anything like that?

boxelder

Planet x Flanders are really pretty good.
    Expensive though at £12……

jam-bo

my specialized deflect were good until I dropped them in a river.

Nobby

Pearl Izumi PRO lite softshells – not cheap but a fantastic ‘in-between’ glove. Stretchy enough to use silk liners too if you need a bit more warmth some days.

thomthumb
    Free Member

Planet x Flanders

i have these and a decathlon pair. the decathlon ones are windproof but soak up a lot of water if it rains… planet x ones are decent but a bit small (like all their gloves)

BadlyWiredDog

Outdoordesigns Cycleflex – thinnish palm with some strategic padding plus a PowerShield windproof-ish back. Warmer than they ought to be, comfortable, great for general riding in anything but full winter conditions. I’m on my fourth pair.

http://outdoordesigns.co.uk/products_gloves_cycleflex.html

Outdoordesigns are part of the same group as Rab btw. Quality brand, but low profile.

soma_rich
    Free Member

I like the flanders for everything but really really cold days.

rob-jackson
    Free Member
    jairaj

Take a look at Royal Racing or Giro gloves. Both tend to use minimal padding on the palm. Currently using a Royal Mercury glove, its not as super thin as a 661 Raji but it is minimal compared to other winter gloves.

gary

BadlyWiredDog + 1

I’m on my second pair of Outdoor Designs gloves, one of those products where you just go out and look for the same thing again when you need a replacement.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Thick summer gloves or thin winter gloves’ is closed to new replies.