• This topic has 145 replies, 57 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by sbob.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 146 total)
  • They've really got it in for this guy………
  • kimbers

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-23025311

6 months inside and now facing deportation, so does that mean he has to leave his child fatherless?

of course do it at a football match and youll get a caution
    http://www.contactmusic.com/news/comedian-simon-brodkin-cautioned-over-pitch-invasion_3585981

if its a bike race you can actually kill a cyclist and get let off
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/jun/21/veteran-cyclist-leonard-grayson

dont mess with the upper class’ sports or they will fk you over !

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Case 1
    Somebody here on a Visa with conditions attached. Broke conditions asked to leave, same would happen to me here in Oz.

Case 2
    British Citizen, where would we deport him to

Case 3
    British Citizen, where would we deport him to

Not sure what your point is apart from comparing apples, oranges and elephants

Stoner
    Free Member

any opportunity for Kimbers to flaunt his chip is a good opportunity.

samuri
    Free Member

Alright then, in case 1 he got locked up.
    It’s still a massive difference in appropriate sentencing. I’m with kimbers on this, it’s a toff’s event so he got hammered for it.

kimbers

well 200 years ago we couldve deported them to australia

visa issues asside im not seeing much consistency with sentencing

my chip is indeed a weighty burden, but I struggle on curved of spine but fortified by my moral justification

chrisdw
    Free Member

And their rationale for doing this to the chap…

Judge Anne Molyneux said he had ruined the race for everyone.

Oh boo hoo.

Stoner
    Free Member

but I struggle on curved of spine

that’ll be a vitamin deficiency kimbers. You need to eat more caviar and fois gras.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

my chip is indeed a weighty burden, but I struggle on curved of spine but fortified by my moral justification

you should probably try and claim for that, where there’s blame….

martinhutch

It’s a good job the Australian Visa system is a bit more forgiving…

Except it’s not…

A guest in this country behaved like a dick, and is due to be kicked out. Hard for me to muster much more than a shrug. I imagine a long legal wrangle involving his ‘right to a family life’ will ensue, so the delightful Mr Oldfield will be with us for a while.

atlaz
    Free Member

visa issues asside im not seeing much consistency with sentencing

Judges discretion and all that isn’t it. He “only” did 2 months but he must have realised the possible outcome of a criminal conviction. I can’t say I agree that he’s any sort of risk to the UK mind.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

6 months inside and now facing deportation, so does that mean he has to leave his child fatherless?

also going back to the question it’s another country not death, he can take his family with him.

ski
    Free Member

More to the point, who has been looking after his child while he has been locked up?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Pass the Sarsons…..

(Blimey, it’s early Monday morning and we have this and another 26/29er thread already. Where was the party last night? Is it still going?)

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Just posh political types stamping on anyone who dares to protest.
    Immigrants have commited far worse crimes, and have been allowed to stay.

dave360

“Oldfield told Isleworth Crown Court that his actions were a protest against elitism and inequality” Looks like elitism and inequality get the last laugh.

samuri
    Free Member

That’s called irony.

atlaz
    Free Member

His wife, given the child is still inside her.

mildred

A Home Office spokesman said: “Those who come to the UK must abide by our laws.

I’ve known Police officers face misconduct hearings and dismissal for expressing this opinion (and not even in public).

bigrich

if he had a beard and was from a different geographical place, would the withdrawal of his visa be as shocking?

zippykona

Ooh can I be deported to Australia as well pleeeeease.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

if he had a beard and was from a different geographical place, would the withdrawal of his visa be as shocking?

He did have a beard.

hmanchester
    Free Member

He does it to an event that’s high profile and is considered uppper class – to make an example.

He’s then deported – to make an example.

Get him out of here. Absolutely no respect for the country, or one of it’s institutions, and completely ruined something people were training for all year.

Not suprised he’s annoyed. Complainers gonna complain! Whingers gonna whinge.

Suprised he’s not jumped in front of a horse at Ascot to get his point across. Muppet.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Get him out of here. Absolutely no respect for the country

He started a charity partly funded by the Arts Council for England.

zippykona

I feel it is a bit harsh what about his right to family life that deportees always come out with?

cranberry
    Free Member

If she didn’t want to move to Austrialia/be left in this country without a father then she could have not married a criminal/pillock

of course do it at a football match and youll get a caution
    http://www.contactmusic.com/news/comedian-simon-brodkin-cautioned-over-pitch-invasion_3585981

if its a bike race you can actually kill a cyclist and get let off
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/jun/21/veteran-cyclist-leonard-grayson

Please see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_equivalence

dont mess with the upper class’ sports or they will fk you over !

Please see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/left_wing_chip_on_shoulder

hmanchester
    Free Member

He started a charity partly funded by the Arts Council for England.

Setting up a charity sound amazing, but when you think about it just means asking other people for money so you can do something with it that you see as positive. I’m not sure he mentioned these plans to the Arts Council for England when he made his application.

donal
    Free Member

One individual is jailed and deported, a British citizen is possibly left without their husband, and a British child is possibly left without their father. All for a public nuisance offence. How can that be considered reasonable, fair or just?

ocrider

All for a public nuisance offence. How can that be considered reasonable, fair or just?

It isn’t, but it’s the only way to put this oik in his rightful place. 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

When he came to the UK (or applied to come) he would have signed up to some conditions in order to get his Visa. I did when I came to Oz, I know that I am a guest in this country and my right to remain is conditional on a number of things. If these things change then I am no longer welcome. Perhaps he should have checked those first.

They can move to Oz if they can get a visa, it’s a good example of thinking before you act.

donal
    Free Member

And that makes it reasonable, fair and just? The law is an ass.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Does to me, I signed up for similar conditions read then and plan to abide by them, it’s only polite when you are a guest somewhere.
    He could have avoided the whole situation really.

martinhutch

It’ll enhance his valuable work on what a gateway looks like.

http://www.thisisnotagateway.net/

allthepies
    Free Member

Current projects include research for a book that unearths the socio-political history of fences/railings in London

😕

ohnohesback
    Free Member

No good deed goes unpunished.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

This really has nothing to do with deporting a criminal.
    It’s more to do with ruining the life of someone who dared to protest against the rich who run this country.
    In four years time, he’ll be allowed to stay, and the taxpayer will pick up a huge legal bill.

Junkyard
    Free Member

They can move to Oz if they can get a visa, it’s a good example of thinking before you act.

Is this geared to him or to the state ?
    He may be a tit he may be a fool.
    he may be an idiot
    However there is an innocent child here and wont someone think of the child and their outcomes[ hand wringer for the win]

What if the mother cannot get a visa for Oz.

Seems disproportionately harsh but he is a tit for what he did.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

He’s a tit for being an arty tit, but six months and deportation for swimming near the boat race is vindictive.

Speshpaul

Oh one less aussie bar man in london! how will we cope?

hmanchester
    Free Member

swimming near the boat race

He wasn’t out for a swim FFS. He picked a high profile event to ruin and get as much publicity as he could for whatever cause he thought was more important than the concerns of others that day.

Throwing a few eggs at a building is a public nuisance. This was carefully chosen to get him as much airplay as possible and further his own personal goals.

Also on the punishment being out of skew with the crime. HE was the person who has put himself in the situation of being in this country on a visa to be with his family. It would be disproportionate if he was British and we were deporting him, but we’re not. He wants to be in this country and part of the visa process is that you have to behave while you’re here. If he really wanted to spend his life doing disruptive publicity stunts then do it in your own country and bring the family to you.

It’s a bit like turning up at the pearly gates and saying:

“I only stumbled over – why did it end up with me dying, it’s so unfair!!!”

“You were the one tightrope walking the Grand Canyon, you muppet”

It’s disproportionate because of the choices he’s made.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

If he really wanted to spend his life doing disruptive publicity stunts then do it in your own country and bring the family to you.

Is there really any evidence that he intends “to spend his life doing disruptive publicity stunts”, or did you make that up ?

I reckon it’s likely that he won’t re-offend, although I don’t know him.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 146 total)

The topic ‘They've really got it in for this guy………’ is closed to new replies.