Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • They have scammed hundreds…I've got a fight on my hands – your thoughts please
  • Swalsey
    Free Member

OK, apologies that this is my 2nd thread on the matter (see here) but after reading HERE I now know I have a fight on my hands…

I have been over-charged for unsuitable goods by a company that have been taken to court multiple times under different names, and the two brothers are still getting away with it. I can't SEND the parts back because they are giving me a different address. They are well known to the authorities but seem to be walking free – (Chorley Citizen Newspaper) – so I am going down personally on Monday to see them in person, and I don't intend to leave until I am satisfied.

Can I call the police if they refuse – surely I've been robbed and they are breaking the law?

Please, do you have any ideas here? I realise that it's early days in my case but I have the above reasons to be worried. I am usually so careful when buying from afar, they seemed very genuine – I will google everybody in future 🙁

Flaperon

In a similar situation a few years ago. Rented a house at uni with 4 friends and each handed over a £300 deposit to the estate agent. Shortly before end of semester we were asked to leave a SAE to have our deposits returned.

Two weeks later we discovered that the owner of the estate agents had liquidated the business, keeping approximately 1500 student's deposits. A few days later the estate agents relaunched from the same place, with the same name, and the same bloke running it.

He made the papers and Watchdog at the time – a few students tried unsuccessfully in the SCC to get their money back with no success.

stealfwayne

All the best for Mondat Swaisey, 2 schools of thought – Go with a witness to back up any actions legally, and or record the meeting, the record functions on most phones are good enough, but let them know they are being recorded or it won't be admissable as evidence. I recorded a landlord threatening me in our kitchen and sent copies to him, his solicitor and mine. Once in court he failed to show and case won by us!

Otherwise take a stun gun / bat and get even that way!

only joking obviously…….

Woody
    Free Member

Be VERY careful when you go down there. Breakers are not generally known for being sensitive souls and with their track record I would expect at best they will just laugh at you and worst you'll be 'forceably removed' from their premises.

It's a shame the police don't get involved earlier in these 'civil' matters as it's theft/fraud, pure and simple.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Small claimns court is useless for people who are genuinely scamming you.

the result of SCC is just a legal document saying "yep, this person owes you this money" then its up to you to actually get the money, and all the legal ways of obtaining the money are rubbish.

if you can claim on your credit card, do that, otherwise write the money off.

Not sure what you'll accomplish going down there. If you get violent you'll end up in court, if they get violent, they probably won't care having been to court plenty of times before.

samuri
    Free Member

they're only round the corner from me, you want me to petrol bomb the premises?

Swalsey
    Free Member

Well I've pretty much came to the conclusion that the legal routes are an absolute joke… I can't believe they call it a justice system!

I don't plan to get physical at all, the plan is to go down (tuesday now) and keep them sweet in the hope that they will see me away – I'm even going to suggest I pay a 're-stocking fee' to cover their loss by posting my items I don't want. I think that's my best chance of seeing my money. I think I'll take your advice on taking somebody else too.

@samuri – if only I could give you the go-ahead, people like this would not be able to get away with robbing repeatedly! thanks for the offer, I'll kindly refuse 🙂

Regardless of outcome, I will make their life as difficult as possible if I don't get at least £150 of my £164.50 back, I won't let them cleanly get away with it! Updates after the meeting…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

take a bailiff (one of those nasty ones)

montylikesbeer

Burn the place down, thieving scum deserve no quarter

Swalsey
    Free Member

I know thats what they deserve – I can't believe the 'authorities' havn't been capable of stopping these particular people!

CountZero

Shove a pissed-off skunk through the door then run. The whole place will need to be fumigated.

montylikesbeer

authorities live in a strange world of policy and human rights

CountZero

Even better, if you know a biochemist with the right equipment, get them to synthesise a litre or so of this:

Putrescine (sometimes spelled putrescin) is an organic chemical compound NH2(CH2)4NH2 (1,4-diaminobutane or butanediamine). It is related to cadaverine; both are produced by the breakdown of amino acids in living and dead organisms and both are toxic in large doses.[1][2] The two compounds are largely responsible for the foul odor of putrefying flesh, but also contribute to the odor of such processes as bad breath and bacterial vaginosis. They are also found in semen and some microalgae, together with related molecules like spermine and spermidine.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘They have scammed hundreds…I've got a fight on my hands – your thoughts please’ is closed to new replies.