Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • They are surely taking the…
  • ohnohesback
    Free Member

So now that Cameron’s chief fund raiser has been caught out we’re informed that the three main political parties are going to meet later this week to speed the introduction of STATE FUNDING for themselves. The nation is supposedly too skint to afford the basics yet the parasites intend to perpetuate themsleves with OUR money!

You didn’t vote for them, you don’t choose to make a contribution to them, so they’ll collectively dip their grubby little hands in your pocket… And they wonder why no one likes them…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

A state funded limit for all (major) political parties would surely be more equitable than the current system?

MSP

I can’t see any other way to reform the rather grubby system we currently have other than state funding, devil is in the detail of course, but its a principle I generally support.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

It is always a given that the tories are funded by big business and that what is left of labour are funded by the unions, you can’t get much more transparent than that!

What this plan would do would be to isolate the the parties from the consequences of their actions, for example if the lib-dems get utterly slaughtered, as they should do, and their grass roots support refuses to fund them it means that the party could, and should, go broke. That won’t happen with a permanent supply of scarce taxpayers’ money.

And what if the BNP qualifies for state aid?

binners

If it comes with a complete ban on all private political donations, I’m all for it.

The present funding system is completely indefensible. Its is an open invitation to corruption.

footflaps

Have to say, I think it is the right thing to do to attempt to reduce corruption (not that I think we ever will as they’re all greedy little scum bags).

jon1973
    Free Member

Out of interest, what constitutes a major party? Could we find ourselves funding parties like the EDL and BNP?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

So the Cons are funded by the people with the money and Labour by us?

wrecker
    Free Member

It’s a good idea IMHO.
    The parties should be far more independent and less influenced by others (big business, unions etc)
    If it make British politics more transparent it’s OK with me.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

You’re all happy to have your money given to parties who you don’t support and who may be actively hostile to your interests?

jon1973
    Free Member

So the Cons are funded by the people with the money and Labour by us?

I think the idea is that they won’t be allowed to raised their own funds.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

You’re all happy to have your money given to parties who you don’t support and who may be actively hostile to your interests?

Yes. If they all have the same, why not?

At the moment one party is funded by big business. Who effectively pull the stirngs of that puppet. Big businesses interests don’t always align with mine.

Edit – jon – that’s a reference to one of the trolls posts. Thank you for higlighting the point.

binners

Silvio Berlesconi had the best idea on this. You had to take your hat off to him for the pure audacity of it.

He legislated that all parties would henceforth be state funded. Which is quite handy when you own nearly all of the countries media. You then funnel all these state funds through your political party, to pay for advertising on the media which you own. Then all your political enemies, who despise you, also have to spend their state funding with your media outlets, to match your blsnket advertising blitz.

The result: You not only win the election. Again. But you trouser a few hundred million in taxpayers cash, via your political enemies, in the process

Just take a moment and reflect on the utter genius of that

mcboo
    Free Member

What exactly in this day and age do political parties need all that money for? 10k cap on donations, raise what you need by small web-based donations from individuals. No way I’m funding the political establishment through taxes, we need our politics to be in perpetual motion.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I doubt it will happen.

The poltical parties won’t like it.
    It will be nigh on impossible to come up with a funding system that is proportionally fair.
    The population as a whole will not be happy with their taxes being spent on parties they don’t approve of.

jon1973
    Free Member

Edit – jon – that’s a reference to one of the trolls posts. Thank you for higlighting the point.

Oh! OK, fair enough.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

When I was at Cardiff Uni all the student union documents on Neil Kinnocks time as union president went missing – apparently he created several parties so each could get funding.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

suck it up and carry on like Nothing has happened (like you always do) just let yer children and grand children suffer the Totalitarian state that You have allowed in by your Blind ignorance and selfish (im alright jack) view on things 😀

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘They are surely taking the…’ is closed to new replies.