Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Thetford Summer Enduro was cool
  • mcboo
    Free Member

Huge shout of thanks and well done to the team behind the Thetford Summer Enduro. I havent done a whole lot of these events but this was cracking good fun.

Beautiful location, great course (which didnt get badly cut up as the day went on) and a really good vibe about the place. Phil’s Bike shop on site, massage from Sports Unit at City College Norwich, all good.

Course was 7.8 miles of fast as hell singletrack and fireroad, very well thought out.

So…..grab the lanyard from your partner, rip off at full speed, sprint, climb, sprint, climb, lairy descent, sprint etc etc. Back to the start after 35 mins of cardio red-line, hand over lanyard, collapse, back to the gazebo, refill water bottle, banana, energy bar, sit down for 15 mins, back to the start…Repeat

FOR 10 HOURS! Course was just fast and short enough to tempt you into going balls-out the whole way round, every lap a race. All of us broken and happy at the end……

Four of us went up from Epping, we did alright, our pals came 6th out of 26 pairs in our class, we were 8th, up against some proper animals. Only regret, we should have stayed overnight on Sat after the race and had a few beers, driving back to London was no fun.

Def going to go next year, going to do like everyone else and bring the wife, kids and dogs.

Well done, great event.

stumpy01

Yep – second all of that.

Ahem, apart from “Back to the start after 35 mins of cardio red-line” – I was lapping nearer 43mins.
    Great fun though, relaxed atmosphere, friendly & patient overtakes. I even avoided the rain showers, while my team mate got a soaking.

jamierevel
    Free Member

We took a video of the event: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUC57jBIpmk

mcboo
    Free Member

Yes saw your video Jamie, very good, captures the day very well…..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Thetford Summer Enduro was cool’ is closed to new replies.