• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by hels.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Thetford Summer Enduro 2013
  • flannol
    Free Member

Thetford Summer Enduro Is On!

who’s doing this?

I’ve just signed up!

Looks like great fun.

flannol
    Free Member

Really, noone?

johnnystorm

Yeah. 10hr solo as prep for 24/12 🙂

gringojimi
    Free Member

Another 10hr solo here 8)

Fingers crossed for some nice weather!

gee
    Free Member

Will probably do it if it’s looking like a dry weekend – will be a good double-header with the Southern on the Sunday. Not raced at Thetford for a while.

stumpy01

Did it two years ago and it was bloomin’ brilliant! Did 10hr pair.

This year though I will be on honeymoon, so can’t make it.

All told I’d rather be on a beach in the Maldives, but it is a shame to miss it, seeing as the D2D and the Winter Series are normally freezing cold bog-fests and there’s nothing like bombing round a dusty Thetford on a warm afternoon…..

flannol
    Free Member

Ah good to know some people are interested! 🙂 I think I might see if I can get swapped to the 8-hour now…

Congrats stumpy; hah yeah you bet

Jason
    Free Member

I will hopefully be entering the 8hr solo, I just need to make sure I survive Exposure24 before I press the button. Entering 8hr as it means I don’t have to leave home too early in the morning. Probably heading to The Southern XC on the Sunday, but I will let my wife race that one.

I did the race in 2011 and really enjoyed it.

stylish
    Free Member

8 hour pairs for me and a mate, and I can happily report, Thetford is bone dry and smooth at the moment….

schmiken

Six hour pair with a young (but disgustingly fast!) team mate for me!

andypaul99
    Free Member

Did it in 2011 8hr solo and rode to a (suprising) top 5, absolutely love riding Thetford when its dry and dusty and its held on the Brandon side of the forest which is great fun and surprisingly hilly (well for Thetford) course. Just don’t under estimate how many training hours to put in…8 or 10 hours there is a heck of a load of pedaling! Enjoy 😀

LukeHurst
    Free Member

Entered the 6-hour solo. I rode the 8-hour solo on single-speed 29er in 2011 and that destroyed me so back on full-suss geared this time round.

Thetford is my local place to ride. It might not be that hilly but the “whoop” sections and constant pedalling makes up for it. Oh and the odd sandy section is a bit of a killer.

Happy riding and good luck to those who have entered.

Luke.

hels
    Free Member

I am sure it will be a great event, I did a couple of the Winter Enduros a few years ago and they were ace, extremely well organised, aye bit flat and all but good racing. Summer must be even better at Thetford.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Thetford Summer Enduro 2013’ is closed to new replies.