Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Thetford Summer Enduro
  • jonny-m
    Free Member

Anyone do it last year? How was it? Doing it again ?
    Anything to add?
    Used to love racing at thetford a few years ago, but moved up North now.
    Is it worth the long journey down South to enter this event? Will be doing the whole bringing the family, camping thing too

oldnpastit

I thought it was a good event last year, but I would have thought there are other events just as good nearer to home.

gringojimi
    Free Member

Admittedly it’s on my doorstep so will probably go again this year.

Last year was good fun. Typically swoopy Thetford singletrack, lots of happy faces and a great atmosphere.
    Dragged myself round to finish 5th in the 10h solo and didn’t get bored. Which says a lot for the course design.

stumpy01

Couldn’t do it last year, but did it a few years ago. I really enjoyed it. Competitive, but with a friendly atmosphere and a good course. It helped that it was dry & sunny – there were a couple of short showers.

Depends on how long a journey south you have to make to get there, as to whether it’s worth it!

verses

Enjoyed last year’s (despite cracking/bruising a rib), didn’t quite have the atmosphere of Thetford’s Dusk til Dawn, but enjoyed it all the same 🙂

stumpy01

Anyone know when the summer enduro is?

Nothing up on the thetfordmtbracing website – I guess it’ll be changed once the winter series is out of the way this weekend?

verses

There’s a post on the forum saying that the site will be off-line for a week or so while they update it after WS is out of the way.

Looks like the Summer Enduro is on the 28th of June this year

gringojimi
    Free Member

Talking to the organiser before Chrimbo he said it’s likely to be on the Brandon Country Park side again this year.

There’s a lot of forestry ops going on in Thetford which along with the nesting bird restrictions, doesn’t leave a lot of options 🙁

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Thetford Summer Enduro’ is closed to new replies.