Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Thetford – recommend me a 3hr ride please.
  • Ti29er
    Free Member

I'm in Thetford Forest this Saturday for the day.
    I have some maps from the visitor centre, so if you have a 3hr+ route that's worth riding, please let me know.

Diane
    Free Member

Park in Brandon Counrty Park. Go right out of car park past the rest home. Follow road round into forest on left. Follow singletrack for 2 mins , at fork go right and then first right into sweet singletrack.

Then just take any track you fancy x a million 🙂

Ti29er
    Free Member

Any paticular bits I should try and ride whilst I'm there?

Diane
    Free Member

You could put up a post on http://www.thetfordmtbracing.com there may be locals around to show you around 🙂

Hornet600
    Free Member

I've been riding there for 15 years and live 15mins away, trying to describe some good bits to someone who doesn't know the area is a nightmare!
    I rode a 47mile loop around the area on Friday including a good ride around the forest.
    Unfortunatley I'm not around on Saturday otherwise would of come over.

richmars

Agreed with the above, best bits on the Brandon side, but hard to explain. Having said that, the black and red routes aren't too bad at the moment.

Flapjack
    Free Member

Quite a decent loop on the Santon Downham side (away from the crowds, but as good as any of the singletrack in the main forest). Park at the Forestry centre car-Park cross the bridge over the river and the railway track, then turn into a small carpark and follow the fireroad up the hill(ish!). The single track is at the top – about an hour and a half loop….so you could ride it twice!

Ti29er
    Free Member

How "Black" is the Black route?
    Compared to the 7 Stanes or the Welsh trail centres?
    Thanks

Nonsense
    Free Member

Not comparable in any way whatsoever. There is nothing on the black route that is even vaguely tricksy. When I did the black it was just cut up, repetetive and dull. The red is more flowing, but all the best stuff I've done there has been natural and found accidentally.

Keef
    Free Member

Thetford may not be even vaguely mountainous,but it is very peddly,if you're riding for three hours,then you're gonna be peddling for 2hr 58 mins.
    some of the nicest singletrack around,best on a rigid SS,IMO.

Moe

As has been said, trying to describe a route would be a nightmare but I live right next to Brandon Country Park and would do a loop of the BCP trails followed by crossing the road and heading up to the Elvenden end, looping back down and then across to High Lodge, over to Santon Downham, into St Helens, under the railway track (near church) straight across the fire track and turn right into single track and follow. You should end up running alongside the A134 before going back into the forest and across toward track 23 then back down (sweet bit) to the railway. After that you could go across to the other side as suggested by Flapjack. The choices are endless! 🙂

Flapjack
    Free Member

How "Black" is the Black route?
    Compared to the 7 Stanes or the Welsh trail centres?

Ha-Ha!! You've not been around these parts before have you!

Three words: Flat, Witches and t1t

.duncan
    Free Member

there on thursday as i happen to be in that area with nothing to do after dropping off a friend. ridden once before, went round the red and the black, is there any worthwhile natural stuff from the main trail centre hub?

grahamt1980

follow the black out to the end of the beast, then head to the road straight across and down the little rain gully, then follow your nose, there is stuff left and right from there and it just goes on, it does help if you have a good sense of direction though so you can get back to the car

Curly68
    Free Member

I like the singletrack around Fire road 24 (Santon Downham) or Brandon Country Park side. The main trails around High Lodge are ok, Red is the better one.
    The cafe at BCP does some nice grub as well!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Thetford – recommend me a 3hr ride please.’ is closed to new replies.