Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Thetford info please
  • granny_ring

I’m probably a bit early with this one so will probably ask again end of the week, but I’m visiting family up that way next weekend so will try and fit a couple of laps in if poss.

Not been there for 3 or 4 years. Is it still the red or is it the black loop? Open as normal and are they ride able with the lovely weather of late?

TIA

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I believe both are still there, but definitely try and get a local to show you round – last time I was there the Black had eroded to the point of being silly, and there’s miles of other amazing singletrack.

(ex-Thetters local)

Holyzeus
    Free Member

There are now two Reds….. but they are the same trails you’d know although the original Red has been extensively re-built by TIMBER

MrGreedy

Definitely best if you can hook up with some locals – try the Timber or Thetford MTB racing sites for starters – both friendly groups with regular rides. There is lots and lots of great unmarked singletrack – plenty of it is easy to find if you just follow your nose, but there are lots of dead ends too so stringing it together into a decent loop is a bit trickier without some local knowledge.

There’s a trail conditions section on the Timber site – mostly the trails drain fairly well as the soil is sandy but some sections on marked routes can get pretty churned up so are best avoided if wet.

granny_ring

Thanks guys.

Wont be able to arrange to meet up as I’ll only be able to (hopefully) sneak a ride in on way back all being well so will have to trust my instincts on way round!

granny_ring

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Thetford info please’ is closed to new replies.