Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Thetford conditions?
  • steveo48
    Free Member

What with the weather, does anyone know what the conditions like at Thetford? I’m heading that way over christmas. And does the bike shop there have a website to look at?
    Cheers

stumpy01

Gonna be popping over there tomorrow night so can update you better tomorrow.
    The East has escaped most of the weather so it should be fine. Last time I was there it was fairly dry & quick.
    The shop at High Lodge is called Bike Art – Google should find their page if they have one.

steveo48
    Free Member

Thanks stumpy, that would be great if you could, I’ve tried google but no good, I can’t believe they don’t have one!

stumpy01

Yeah, doesn’t appear they have a site.

Unless Thetford gets loads of rain it’s normally a good ride.

steveo48
    Free Member

Bit odd eh!

dekadanse
    Free Member

I live about 30 miles from Thetford – the snow came earlier than for most but has now largely gone. Ground is bloody hard though, so don’t practice your endos! Should be good for Boxing Day ride, but wrap up well to avoid E wind bite.

BermBandit
    Free Member

Try here:Local trail build group

The Trail-o-meter is regularly updated by local riders. As I understand it currently its been down rated to Poor to Fair due to frozen ground making some of the trails dangerously slippery.

cr500dom
    Free Member

Hi Stevo,
    We were out on Sunday and the trails were running really nicely, Ground was still frozen and so it was riding really fast on the Brandon Side.
    Local Forum here:
    http://ificantrideit.myfastforum.org/

We`re a freindly bunch and will be riding over christmas period I expect if you want to join us ?

Hope that Helps
    Cheers
    Dom

stumpy01

We did half on the High Lodge side & half on Brandon side this evening.

It was very hard – very grippy considering how icy it is.
    Only slight downer is that there are some areas of frozen ruts that make front tyre placement a bit of a gamble!

norcbot
    Free Member

anyone been over there today? going to go up there tomorrow if the going is still good.

KonaTC

Rode the red and black today bit tricky in places but overall it was fine

norcbot
    Free Member

thanks kona. thetford it is then.

steveo48
    Free Member

I would love to be going over to Thetford, which was the original plan for tomorrow, ended up with this cold/flu thing that’s going around, hot and cold all the time, shivers, blocked nose and cough. I’m gutted and go back down to Oxfordshire on Wednesday. There will be another time but still!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Thetford conditions?’ is closed to new replies.