• This topic has 51 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • These stove top fan thingies…
  • alexmynameis
    Free Member

We were low in headroom, so bought this work of art for £185. Does make a difference to how fast the room heats up:

Home

Should have just bought on of these for less than £30…

http://www.cclonline.com/product/5552/CNPS9700-LED/CPU-Coolers/Zalman-CNPS9700-LED-Super-Aero-Flower-CPU-Cooler/CLR0232/?gclid=Cj0KEQjwidKiBRCevbT6yeqPrJQBEiQA1iM2WQ_qG5jgKN5Ho8xeH0OeYu5Mfrp3bhRRpRa0q7AvZb0aAhaI8P8HAQ

Stoner
    Free Member

Drac, pop the blade off and get busy with the bench grinder. Or I’ll buy it off you for 40

Stoner
    Free Member

Alex, once you buy that you then need to buy the peltier device and a suitable base conductor. And then find out whether the fan is low voltage enough

Drac

Drac, pop the blade off and get busy with the bench grinder. Or I’ll buy it off you for 40

I’m considering getting the grinder on and cheers but I can return it for about £5

alexmynameis
    Free Member

Alex, once you buy that you then need to buy the peltier device and a suitable base conductor. And then find out whether the fan is low voltage enough

Yeah fair enough, it wasn’t really a serious remark, I just used to have one of those Zalman CPU fans (nice to look at but not great performance). Just seemed a bit pricey for some recycled computer parts and some not super expensive electronics.

footflaps

Just seemed a bit pricey for some recycled computer parts and some not super expensive electronics.

Yep!

Drac

Weeeeeeeeee!

Stoner
    Free Member

grindered?

Harry_the_Spider

Fired ours up for the first time last night.

Not sure that it did much as there wasn’t much of a draft, but it looks cool.

I was expecting it to be like being in an 80’s Maxell audio cassette advert (one for you oldies 😉 )

Drac

Yup small grinder and a file sorted it.

Stoner
    Free Member

top stuff.

Drac

Seems to work pretty well, you can even feel when the air is cooling as it starts to push that out too. Takes very little for it to start spinning.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘These stove top fan thingies…’ is closed to new replies.