Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • These steps- Rideable?
  • missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

I don’t know the area, but a question springs to mind, footpath or bridleway, and what course of action to be taken when encountering the inevitable bunch of walkers mindlessly wandering up the steps, heads down in conversation?

grum
    Free Member

First ones – top bit could be tricky, the rest probably fine. Second set looks easy. It’s hard to tell from pics though. I don’t get the fascination with riding steps TBH, doesn’t really appeal to me much – I’ll do it if I have to.

keswiki
    Free Member

Stop fannying about & do it u big girls blouse 😀 OMG i’m gona be hunted down by the sexism police

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    _tom_
    Free Member

I wouldn’t want to do the first ones but I’ve never really liked riding down steps, even normal ones feel a bit horrible. Probably way steeper than they look and they look like wheel catchers. 2nd ones look alright.

DarrenH

missingfrontallobe- I’d use ’em for my soft landing!

kudos100
    Free Member

Only one way to find out…..

DarrenH

think i’d fit the swampthings first…

flow
    Free Member

Stop being a pussy and ride down them.

I can’t believe you made a thread to ask if they were ride-able 😆

curvature
    Free Member

What?????

If i told you it was feasible to ride down the cliffs at Dover would you follow the advice? No.

Only you know what you can ride.

Junkyard
    Free Member

What grum said look rideable but dont get the fascination with tackling steps TBH and you rarely find flights of steps on bridleways IME.

DarrenH

Tbh I’d probably give the first ones a miss but the second ones are just begging to be bounced down.
    A mate of mine started me riding down steps around a local beacon point where there’s quite a few step sections.
    I like the challenge ( up to a certain point ) of making it down.
    hence the thread.

beanieripper
    Free Member

they are just steps…mtfu

flow
    Free Member

What?????

If i told you it was feasible to ride down the cliffs at Dover would you follow the advice? No.

Only you know what you can ride.

I ride down the cliffs at Dover all the time mate, only 20 min from me 😆

TheSwede
    Free Member

I thought they would look like this 😉

DarrenH

Very good! 😆
    I love the mtfu replies

Superficial
    Free Member

They’re just steps. They don’t look too hard, but of course it’s all very dependent on your skill/confidence. Steps are never exciting, just a waste of gradient in my book. Unless however you have a big hang up about riding them, in which case the relief about getting to the bottom of them is a bit of a rush.

takisawa2

If the posts are actually upright then the gradient doesnt look that bad. I’d give it a go. 😛

qwerty
    Free Member

The only way you’ll clear that is on a 96er fatbike with drop bars and canti brakes, for real.

martinxyz
    Free Member

I hate steps.With the seat down i`ll maybe give them a go but like some of the others mentioned above.. it doesnt do anything for me either. It doesnt feel good at the time and i would never get to the bottom with a grin screaming “get in there” or “comeee onnn!” like ..erm.. a lot of folk seem to do these days 🙄

I do ride steps similar to these quite often (with the risers of the steps sticking higher than the treads) and i know my bike can do it slow no problem at all so ive got to the point now where i know its possible and i roll them a bit faster.. which,like some of the confident faster riders above have said, makes it easier.

Only problem is, you have now got this fear building up inside with all the bad thoughts going into it instead of just getting stuck into the the practical side of it. You should have hung around and attempted them with the seat right down without getting over flustered! This thread is also going to throw a spanner in the works for you.

I had a huge step fear on the steps in town here in Inverness about 11 years ago. We would do them on our Kona stinkys back then but its a two flight set up with a landing in the middle. The steps are on the east side of the Eastgate centre,Inverness. Quite hard to find them but they are at the side of the building that looks north over the supermarket. Anyone in the area should have a look/ride of them if they like steps! If you can do them on an xc bike i`d be very impressed.

Jeffus
    Free Member

I’d walk the first set then think about riding the second set , I don’t have the skills to do it 😯

flybywire
    Free Member

Line on 1st pic is a little off-camber .. 2nd v.rideable berm 🙂 nah, wouldn’t ride those steps without grippy edges ❗

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘These steps- Rideable?’ is closed to new replies.