Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • These qr barcode thingies…
  • MrSparkle

Clever aren’t they? I’ve just been on a generator to do one to link to our running club site to put in our club mag. I see you can use ’em to link to pics too but what else can you use them for? Like I say, they are clever but what other uses have they got?

wwaswas

allsorts but primarily they give you the ability to present a lot of data in a small space so useful for long tail urls’ etc.

Cougar

They encode text. So your question is “what can we use text for” and the answer is “many things!”

I’ve found that the more text you have in a QR code (and therefore, the more dots it contains), the harder it is to read. So there is a point of saturation, you couldn’t encode a novel in it. Well, you possibly could, but it’d be a bloody big code and unreadable.

seosamh77
    Free Member

We’ve started using them in here, basically they are just a funky looking web link, so apply to where ever you would want to have a link, not everybody has a phone that can read them though so traditional links will be here for the foreseeable i’d imagine.

beej

You can link to a twitter account, encode a vCard, URL, video link… um… some other stuff too.

Depends a little on the capability of the reader as to how the phone reacts – some automatically fire up the relevant app, some require you to confirm what you want to do.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘These qr barcode thingies…’ is closed to new replies.