• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by ton.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • these new 15mm hubs/bolt thru…..q
  • ton

got a bike with a 15mm bolt thru with a fox fork.
    i want to order some new ton proof wheels.
    what should i ask for.
    is it a 20mm hub with a reducer in??

darrell
    Free Member

get a hope pro 2 20mm hub and a 15mm convertor

Biffer
    Free Member

Well it was designed with Shimano so I guess you can get Shimano hubs in 15mm flavour.
    However, I would go with the Hope suggestion myself.

vinnyeh

you don’t need a hope 20mm hub and reducer- the basic hub has different inserts depending on what axle flavour you use- just get a proII hub with the 15mm insert- won’t cost any more than any other front hope proII hub.

It’s your best bet, cos when you realise that you would rather use some other forks you don’t need to sell the wheel.

nickegg
    Free Member

vinnyeh – Member
    It’s your best bet, cos when you realise that you would rather use some other forks you don’t need to sell the wheel

Care to elaborate? Have you ridden a pair?

Anyway, Pro 2 is the best option and future proofs them (apart from needing the relevant adaptors.

james
    Free Member

Shimano do do SLX 15mm and XT 15mm hubs but both in centrelock only, and both about 50g heavier than a pro II (probably due to the cup/cone thing they have going on. Can’t be converted to a 20mm though

vinnyeh

nickegg – Member
    vinnyeh – Member
    It’s your best bet, cos when you realise that you would rather use some other forks you don’t need to sell the wheel

Care to elaborate? Have you ridden a pair?

I’m on qr15 floats atm. They’re fine for me-noticably stiffer than the qrs, at least to my perception- but firstly, Ton seems to, like many others, swap bikes and components with impunity – as you said, it’s about change-proofing; secondly, I still would rate Pikes as a better bet for a man of Tons err qualities.

ton

i was thinking of swapping the fox float r for a set of pike air.
    the fox’s seem pretty tangy and flimsy compared to pikes.
    only rode them once.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘these new 15mm hubs/bolt thru…..q’ is closed to new replies.