Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • These incentives to get people to ride bikes for the environment…..
  • benji_allen
    Free Member

Then they go and buy dirt cheap bikes, probably mass produced in filth spewing factories in the far east. Or am I just being cynical?

xherbivorex
    Free Member

probably, yes.
    if people take up cycling as their main form of transport as a result of such "incentives" (i'm not sure what exactly you're referring to there though- bike to work schemes and suchlike?) in favour of motorised transport, then surely the overall result is better "for the environment".

miketually
    Free Member

Making a bike and shipping it from Taiwan produces about the same amount of CO2 as one tank of petrol, I believe.

Besides, the bike to work scheme is more about reducing congestion and improving health. The idea is that the tax lost is made up for by reduced NHS spending.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    benji_allen
    Free Member

I take it back.

br
    Free Member

Its a typical government scheme to take money (taxes and NI) out of minimum wage earners in shit companies and give in to those who can afford to buy a bike anyway working in the public sector and for blue-chips!

Usual bollocks.

druidh
    Free Member

b r – Member

Its a typical government scheme to take money (taxes and NI) out of minimum wage earners in shit companies and give in to those who can afford to buy a bike anyway working in the public sector and for blue-chips!

Usual bollocks.

benji_allen
    Free Member

Oh no. What have I started. Sorry everyone.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘These incentives to get people to ride bikes for the environment…..’ is closed to new replies.