Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • These hose guide things…
  • teasel
    Free Member

http://www.bonthronebikes.co.uk/hose-guide-5mm-black

…in the link above. I’m guessing here as I’ve only eyeballed the frame, but can they be used on a Scandal frame to close the gap where the cables thread through the frame mounts or are they for something completely different…?

When I say I’m guessing I mean that the cables will rattle in the mounts as they appear to be about 6-7mm or thereabouts.

teasel
    Free Member

Bump

Anyone know WTF I’m ‘talking’ about…?

😕

wwaswas

for 79p it might be worth a punt 😉

fwiw – my Orange Evo8 had those in the hose guides – some brakes have fatter hoses than others.

In the past I’ve just wrapped a bit of electrical tape around the hose where it goes through the frame.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    teasel
    Free Member

But I’m a tight-arse.

I thought of electrical tape as the DIY fix and also a small blob of some black sealant I seem to remember is sitting around somewhere.

Just curious as to whether they are what I think they are.

Thanks…

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Think those guides are to pad out a 4mm gear cable to fit into a 5mm brake cable ‘guide’.

I’m suspecting your Scandal guides are oversize to allow the cables to move freely – if they are 6-7mm as you say probably won’t stay in, but I’m just making the last bit up from conjecture, poor knowledge and a burning sense that I’m correct and no other opinion matters (so perfect for STW then… :D)

EDIT: The guides might be quite wide to allow brake hose with olive etc. still fitted to pass though.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘These hose guide things…’ is closed to new replies.