Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • These here Gravity Enduro races, who's having a go, and what will you be riding?
  • MrCrushrider
    Free Member

As above folks, thinking of having a bash at a couple of them…just wondering what set-ups people are using for them??

ton

me possibly.
    160mm forked 456.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

nice. ive got a Dialled PA, with 140mm and im wondering if it’ll be enough…

mrflaky
    Free Member

Going to be doing more of the 661 Gravity series again this year, unless the new bike fairy appears I will be riding my trusty Commencal miniDH with 36’s again

Simon

Hope to be at round 2. Can’t afford the money or time to do the whole series. I’ll be riding a Prophet with 150mm Revelations, same bike I used for Enduro racing last year.

neil853
    Free Member

i’m hoping to do a couple and i’ll be riding this:

new bike 6 by 99c5faa01725362d73494aff686e3664, on Flickr

chakaping
    Free Member

Planning to do Inners and Eastridge on the gravity enduro series on my Mondraker Dune.

chvck
    Free Member

Hoping to do 2 or maybe 3 rounds, didn’t do it last year but looks like my kinda thing. Will be on a BFe with 160mm lyriks (though I may shim them down to 150 or 140 at some point).

dafoxster
    Free Member

I’ve booked in for the FOD stage of the southern series. http://www.enduro1.co.uk/

Not sure what I’ll be riding as I need to buy a bike. It’ll be something with 150 or 160mm travel.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Will be doing all 3 Fusion X Enduro 1 series http://www.enduro1.co.uk/

On my canndale prophet with 160mm lyriks.

Will wait to see where the 661 enduro are, if there is one at afan i will do that but if the rest are up north or scotland 😕 im not doing any of them 😥

chakaping
    Free Member

dafoxsetr – what did you pay for the FoD enduro? I couldn’t see price on website.

wrecker
    Free Member

Look in the “shop”
    It’s £35 per race for an individual. I’m thinking I’ll do these races. Probably on my 5 spot w/36s.

scottfitz
    Free Member

what did you pay for the FoD enduro? I couldn’t see price on website.

Its £35 hes link: http://www.enduro1.co.uk/shop/index.php

dafoxster
    Free Member

chakaping: Go to the Enduro Shop all the prices are there. £35 for one event.

goatster
    Free Member

Yep, hopefully. Nomad c 170 lyric solo air. St’s or SX’s, Noir CS. XTR everything else.

T

chakaping
    Free Member

cheers, that wasn’t working before – honest

😉

legend
    Free Member

Well this weekend i’ll be on an Anthem with 125mm Rebas. Be interesting to see how many races it’ll survive

scottfitz
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDyaktH5Xj0[/video]

Here is the vid from last years enduro 1

lcj

What are the enduro1 races like? Look good on paper, does anyone have first hand experience? Cheers

scottfitz
    Free Member

What are the enduro1 races like? Look good on paper, does anyone have first hand experience? Cheers

It was a test event last year, i think they learned alot, it was really good fun, Lost of single track downs, some skill stages and lots of ups to 😉

flyingmonkeycorps

Hopefully, though I dunno which ones yet. If I do I’ll be on either an Mmmbop with Pikes or a Hemlock with Lyriks, depending which is working at the time…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

It was a test event last year, i think they learned alot, it was really good fun, Lost of single track downs, some skill stages and lots of ups to

I quite fancy giving it a go, but with place names like ‘moor and ‘plain is it not closer to a really short XC time trial?

scottfitz
    Free Member

I quite fancy giving it a go, but with place names like ‘moor and ‘plain is it not closer to a really short XC time trial?

Yer it is but with skills stages, Bombholes, Tec Downs and stuff.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Yep, I’m planning on doing some, pending locations. Will ride my Nomad.

Mbnut
    Free Member

Will be riding the same Zesty i use for xc endurance and the Mega… only one bike but I switch forks out… Team Revs for xc and Bos Deville for gnarlly and will be getting some off set shock mounts for more options…

I see these events as a good way of testing myself and gauging my progress… for some reason I never ride well when racing but have good pace when out riding for fun.

momo

Yep I’m hoping to do some this year – just need a bit more fitness in the bag first! – and will be riding this beastie:-

Blur by le_grande_momo, on Flickr

SC blur 4x with 36 vans, 1×10 and a reverb.

chiefgrooveguru

Planning to do at least one on my Cotic Soul (pictured before it went 1×9)

Does anyone know the locations for the Gravity Enduro series this year?

neil853
    Free Member

nice that 4x like! 🙂

legend
    Free Member

Check Roots and Rain, the calendar’s on there

Simon

The Gravity Enduro website hadn’t been updated last time I looked. Dates and venues are on their Facebook page.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Tempted to do the Northern parts of the 661 Series. Inners, AE and Kielder? Would be riding a 160mm/160mm Norco Fluid LT2.

Simon

Northern rounds are Inners and Hamsterley.

scottfitz
    Free Member

I think i will the afan one its only 190mile from my house, won’t do the outher there all 200mile+ away. Would be good to have a stage 2 hours of london.

chakaping
    Free Member

Just seen the Gravity Enduro dates, tempted by the Dyfi and CyB ones too.

But by the time I add all the fees up I could almost have afforded to go to the Alps instead.

🙂

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Northern rounds are Inners and Hamsterley.

Cheers, couldnt see the 2012 dates confirmed on the website.

kudos100
    Free Member

I will be having a crack at some enduros this year. I’ll be riding this:

160mm front 130mm rear. Chumba xcl

jambalaya
    Free Member

I’m going to have a go at a few, good news for other competitors as that’s at least one person you can beat ! Hopefully there is a special category for slow old gits.

Giant Reign and a slack hardtail if I buy one, I’ll try both.

100mphplus
    Free Member

Doing whole series on Meta AM1

flyingmonkeycorps

If I finish I’ll be happy. If I finish not last I’ll be even happier!

xterramac
    Free Member

The Fusion X Enduro 1 series look/sound more xc trail and h/tail friendly, so will probably use the 456 summer season with 130 fork,dropper post, 2×10 etc.

Where as the 661 series, looks abit more gravity assisted, so will use the T120s with dropper post, 1×10 etc,,,,,,,

Scott Scale will go on ebay…………..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘These here Gravity Enduro races, who's having a go, and what will you be riding?’ is closed to new replies.