Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • These cheap memory cards on "T" net……
  • NagsNog
    Free Member

Are they genuine or what…cant believe a card can be retail £32 and be a £12 quid on the memory sites…..for the supposed same card…

Any advice welcome….

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I bought a counterfeit card, claimed 45 MB/sec, actually about 10 🙁

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Some will be genuine, some not. The mark up on these cards though is huge. I have a friend who worked at Jessops, and through his staff discount I bought a 30D a few years ago along with a 2gb Extreme 2 card. Jessops actually sold the camera at a small loss, but the card which retails at £120 was sold to me at staff discount (cost +10%) for £25…

NagsNog
    Free Member

(cost +10%) for £25…

😯 …..jesus……

SFB i thats the worry some one also told me some are hacked to show say 8gb and will only be 2gb or something..

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Lots and lots of counterfeit memory cards out there, especially on the 'bay. If it is really cheap, then is probably fake. Really not worth it IMO, risk of losing photos/data just to save a few quid?!

dmetcalfe
    Free Member

most of the well know online retailers have cheap good cards, 7dayshop, ebuyer, mymemory are the best places to look

.duncan
    Free Member

7dayshop.com

or pop into the jessops i work at 😉

NagsNog
    Free Member

Duncan where might that be then 😉

7dayshop keeps saying no match for sdhc cards on my screen… 😕

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

you should be safe on Amazon, I bought a Kingston high speed card for £16 it was £35 at Dixons (2 yrs ago, so the specs are irrelevent)..

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

you should be safe on Amazon, I bought a Kingston high speed card for £16 it was £35 at Dixons (2 yrs ago, so the specs are irrelevent).

Amazon direct themselves should be fine, but some Amazon 'partners' or associated sellers are known to sell dodgy memory cards.

stumpy01

I got a Lexar 'professional' card from mymemory & it was only £20 for 4GB.

It's very fast too. It can easily keep up with my D80 shooting 3fps continuous – the buffer sits at 9 images remaining constantly, so it's clearing the buffer at least as fast as the camera is shooting.

.duncan
    Free Member

I work in the hemel branch although only 6 hours a week 🙂

NagsNog
    Free Member
    dmetcalfe
    Free Member

you don't, but good sellers wont be distributing dodgy cards.

PeteG55
    Free Member

Not sure what the card format your after is, but I can recommend 7dayshop.com. Just bought a 4GB compact flash card from there for a tenner!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘These cheap memory cards on "T" net……’ is closed to new replies.