Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Thermostatic showers
  • rascal
    Free Member

Doing the bathroom and will be getting a thermostatic shower installed.
    Generally speaking, what is a good solidly built reliable brand/model? Mira seem to be good.

Briefly seen one or two ages ago in the usual DIY warehouses and some of them had rattly controls – ie tolerances not that great…could have just been display model though. £150ish budget…cheers

wrightyson
    Free Member

Screw fix usually have one on offer most months.

Bear
    Free Member

Grohetherm 1000

Davesport

Mira are pretty good. I’ve got a couple of these fitted Mira Shower I’d also recommend a look at the Aqualisa range.

After having recessed valves fitted previously, I’m enjoying the simplicity of removal should anything go wrong. One small grub screw & the valve can be removed complete.

D.

Harry_the_Spider

We have an Aqualisa. Works well.

Had one issue when it packed up, we called out a service engineer and he fixed it by tightening a grub screw that had come undone on the on-off button. £86 well spent. 😐

trail_rat
    Free Member

Davesport – i want that in my bathroom thats a cracker. Cheers thats 400 quid i wasnt expecting but hum hoo i need that electric piece of crap out of here.

cb

Hansgrohe are solid.

pymwymis
    Free Member

Not likely to hash robe for £150.

I fit bathrooms for a living. Best prices generally on showerdoctor (google it) better than my local merchant even at trade prices. Plus they are amazing for spares.

Assuming you’re just on a gravity fed system you can still get something’s decent for your budget but probably not a big brand – go for an exposed bar mixer (thermostatic). A pump will cost another £200 or more – plus fitting.

pymwymis
    Free Member

Hash robe – autocorrect for Hansgrohe !!

rascal
    Free Member

Pym – not sure about systems…it will run off the Worcester boiler.
    If I need to buy a pump too I might just get a new electric shower.
    Cheers

andyl
    Free Member

if it’s off a combi you can’t have a pump but you shouldn’t need to either. If your boilers a system one with a tank you may want a pump.

catsplums
    Free Member

I have a triton shower, very well made construction and all spares available (and really good customer services when I buggered up a seal) (no pervy comments please!!)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Thermostatic showers’ is closed to new replies.