Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Thermal Base Layer
  • will
    Free Member

After yesterday’s cold weather and cold ride i’m after a base layer from winter riding. In the past I’d just used a slightly thicker jersey and a thin base, but thinking I need a proper winter base layer now.

Ideally I want it to be close fitting/lycra style to fit under a jersey and gilet

This type of thing I guess:
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/craft-active-extreme-crew-neck-base-layer/

pedalhead
    Free Member

Yep Craft base layers are ace. For mega warmth you might want to go for the “Warm Wool” version, though I have both & only wear the latter when it’s properly sub-zero, otherwise the Extreme jobbie is fine…eg, this morning on a 0 degree c road ride, I wore the short sleeve version of the one in your link, under a regular jersey and a gilet with arm warmers & was just about the right temp.

will
    Free Member

Good to hear, thanks 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    FuzzyWuzzy

Yeah those Extreme ones are my go-to base-layer when it’s cold, I couldn’t get on with the itchiness of merino (tried several brands) and the Craft ones wick much better. The short-sleeve version with the wind-proof front panel is surprisingly versatile as well.

thepodge
    Free Member

Did Snowdon teach you nothing?

Grow some body hair

reggiegasket
    Free Member

+1 Craft. Very very good cold weather bases.

GregMay
    Free Member

Picked up some Decathlon merino base layers over the weekend, very impressed after one ride and one run in the cold. About 25 quid IIRC.

thepodge
    Free Member

I could never find the marino ones in Decathlon, just the synthetic ones

windowshopper
    Free Member

Decathlon Stockport were sold out of men’s tops on Saturday unless you are XS or XXL (possibly XL, can’t recall). Shame, as I’ve had a few of theirs before and I’ve found them good value.

will
    Free Member

Thanks guys i’ll get one bought 🙂

Podge, good point though 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Thermal Base Layer’ is closed to new replies.