Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Theresa May speech…
  • GrahamS

I particularly enjoyed the outraged comments from the people who didn’t get it 😀

jambalaya
    Free Member

@GrahamS 🙂

igm

Hadn’t realised that Davies was the Whip that pushed the Maastricht vote through parliament.

Interesting for a Euroseptic

johndoh
    Free Member

If she manages half of what she said she wants to achieve in her speech, she’ll go down as perhaps the greatest leader we have ever had.

igm

May and Hammond now in government. Clarkson unavailable so the part of the middle aged overweight loud mouth fool will have to be played by someone else.

(Not mine, but I liked it)

jambalaya
    Free Member

🙂

lunge

So far, I’m quite impressed by how she’s doing things. Bar Boris, sensible appointments in the cabinet, she’s sacked Gove and her way with words seems reassuring. A solid start so far.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Boris is an inspired appointment. By giving him the most senior job she could (Chancellor had to be Hammond) she is positioning him as a future Leader of the Conservatives. He is very popular in the party and with voters.

munrobiker
    Free Member

My wife’s an immigrant from outside the EU and so we’ve spent the last five years battling against her draconian immigration laws which are in breach of the ECHR. As you can imagine I’m pretty scared for what her leadership will bring, I suspect leaving the ECHR and a general trampling of the vulnerable.

GrahamS

Boris is an inspired appointment.

As a friend on Facebook put it:

“Making Boris Johnson the Foreign Secretary is like putting Prince Philip in charge of ordering a takeaway.” 😆

igm

Boris is an inspired choice.

Whatever Theresa does she’ll look good compared to him.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Boris is an inspired appointment. By giving him the most senior job she could (Chancellor had to be Hammond) she is positioning him as a future Leader of the Conservatives. He is very popular in the party and with voters

She has set him up to fail as he has t lead the negotiations with the EU

Essentially its the highest profile job where if he **** it up it has no impact on the country or the Tory party. He fails and he is harmed not May. Its political genius and Boris s to arrogant to see the trap he just jumped into
    Check out the reaction from our partners/the people he will have to work with. The American state department spokesperson basically laughed as one indication

You have to be pretty pissed to think Booris has the diplomacy for this role
    Only Sir les Patterson would be worse

As for popular then one has to ask why he did not eve stand for leadership if he is “so popular”
    One day facts and your vew will meet but ita not today as they are , as usual, oposites

GrahamS

😆

ninfan
    Free Member

She has set him up to fail as he has t lead the negotiations with the EU

Really? You don’t think that that falls under the remit of the ‘secretary of state for exiting the European Union’ then?

igm

And another one.

May wrote F.Off next to Boris Johnson’s name but a civil servant thought she meant Foreign Office

Ninfan – interesting one that. As Salmond was asking do Fox and Davies report to Johnson or May? I’d assumed May, but not necessarily.

dragon
    Free Member

He’s just the government guy going around waving the Union Jack. As noted previously not too unlike his London Mayor role. At least he is positive about the UK.

The American state department spokesperson basically laughed as one indication

The boot will be on the other foot when Trump is president 😉 😯

igm

Of course if BoJo messes up all the trade deals, we probably can’t leave the EU.

convert

Sacked Gove – that’s a significant number of credit points in the bank for the majority of the country to extend her honeymoon period.

Turns out the odious little prick didn’t play his cards too well in the end. Anyone who has had anything to do with education during or since his time as education secretary should be entitled to giving him a kick in the nads as he heads for the door marked obscurity.

No love lost for Morgan either so an A double plus from me so far.

I wonder how the conversations with BoJo and Fox went – you created this mess now you are going to have to clean it up or I’ll make you look like a couple of prize pricks.

bencooper
    Free Member

May and Hammond now in government. Clarkson unavailable so the part of the middle aged overweight loud mouth fool will have to be played by someone else.

We do have a massive Johnson in charge of insulting foreigners – so the Clarkson position is also filled.

lunge

I wonder how the conversations with BoJo and Fox went – you created this mess now you are going to have to clean it up or I’ll make you look like a couple of prize pricks

I truly hope she did, as that is exactly the conversation that needed to be had.

Inbred456
    Free Member

I think with Boris it’s keep your friends close and your enemies closer still!

km79
    Free Member

It’s not so much Boris as Foreign Secretary that frightens me as much as what is going to be going on whilst everyone is distracted talking about Boris.

Boris can go on a series of ‘gaffe’ filled trips, giving headline writers enough material whilst the dismantling of our rights and other evil things go on in the background. Once that is finished he will get his jotters.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

TBH Bojo is in my fantasy Tory FS top three, tragic isn’t it! It goes Prince Philip, the late Bernard Manning then good old Bojo. Hey maybe he gets to be Chancellor at the pre-election reshuffle, fingers crossed 😆

I can’t wait for the tomfoolery to begin, anyone for a game of Wiff Waff?

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

He beat Chubby Brown for that illustrious third place, just so you know.

Northwind

mikewsmith – Member

Well the middle ground is there to be won and that’s what in reality delivers a government.

Being seen to be in the middle ground delivers a government. Which is why so much effort was put into claiming Miliband was a loonie lefty in thrall to the SNP. Meanwhile Cameron’s government lurched to the right, while being trumpeted as having moved to the centre.

Unfortunately perception seems to be all that matters, and in that fight the winner will be the best liars, with the best media liars on their side.

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Theresa May speech…’ is closed to new replies.