Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • There's Weight Weenies and there's REAL Weight Weenies
  • large418
    Free Member

Silly Light

6 lbs! 6 lbs!! That’s a light bike. I think it’s full size and everything. Just need $45k and the ability to ride like a fairy.

Woody
    Free Member

Fairwheel Bikes has already glided across 20,000 miles of pavement with the prototype, ensuring its durability

Gliding is not something you can do on roads round my way 😥

tomdebruin
    Free Member

A new road bike will probably cost you a grand or so. It’ll also probably weight almost 30 pounds.

🙄

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I’d be hoping a grand would get me around the 20lb mark!

Anyway, this will be UCI illegal on weight grounds.

AlexSimon

I found it quite interesting to read about – the frame is second-hand and was on the previous record-holding bike. Seems that no-one can beat it. Then there’s bits of fibre that you can’t buy any more that they got from some formula 1 team. Must have been a huge investment in time to create.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’d be hoping a grand would get me around the 20lb mark!

Anyway, this will be UCI illegal on weight grounds.

$1000 = £660, so 25lb+pedals easily.

Most of the big brands top end bikes are under the limit, the pro’s either ride cheeper bikes with expensive logo’s, or add lead weights in the seatube.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Tikitiki 01:14 AM
    sending request
    Invite a friend to comment

I’m holding out for the three pound, $90 grand, fixie version with no lights, no brakes, and no common sense. I will be more ironic than my PBR bottle opener and put all of the hipsters to shame.
    The person who i quoted MUST be a STW member with that sort of response!

trail_rat
    Free Member

tinas – you dont half talk shite – maybe in 1988…..

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Which bit’s shite?

Haze

Getting rid of those silly gears will shave some more weight off it.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

gay

schmiken

Most of the big brands top end bikes are under the limit, the pro’s either ride cheeper bikes with expensive logo’s, or add lead weights in the seatube.

Most of the pros ride heavier (read extra material/stiffer) frames with top end kit on.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

BMC were definately riding arround with lead weights in the frames last year (2009), cycling plus said so…………..

pjt201
    Free Member

i know cervelo on their project california bikes (R5sl?) when racing them have to put more weight in the seattube than the frame itself weighs…
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipjuWSTMDkA[/video]

breatheeasy
    Free Member

They gotta make them lighter so they can put the electric battery and motor inside to power them up the climbs…..

fontmoss
    Free Member

don’t they just pad them out with drugs?

steve_b77
    Free Member

I remember an article about Ricardo Rico’s Scott as he’s a midget (sorry climber) (sorry drug fuelled cheating climber) his small or XS scott was built up by a mag and it was well under the UCI weight limit, by about kilo AFAIK.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘There's Weight Weenies and there's REAL Weight Weenies’ is closed to new replies.