Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • There's retro and there's retro, but this…..
  • teethgrinder

I like that.

nonk
    Free Member

wow ! never seen one of those.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Looks like a clean handlebar solution that’s been lost to the mists of time.

I like it a lot

richen987
    Free Member

Wonderful article, those mechs are amazing.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Purdy

seba560
    Free Member

Hubba hubba!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Wonderful article, those mechs are amazing.

Aye they are works of art.

njee20
    Free Member

Not into retro stuff at all, but that’s awesome.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Love the idea of a chain rest. Superb. Thanks for posting this. 🙂

funkrodent

Beautiful. And here’s a link to a blog written by a guy who researches classic bikes, who visited the shop with his son in Paris in 2005. Wonderful..

Alex Singer shop in Paris

jools182
    Free Member

that’s a lovely bike

still trying to work out how those mechs work

CountZero

That is absolutely beautiful, a joy to behold. What craftsmanship.

zbonty

Very interesting stuff i’ve never seen or heard of before. Such detail.

tang
    Free Member

Far more interesting than all I saw at bespoked bike show this year. Great stuff.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

The bike was built in 1962. The mechs look like hand made one offs. When did Camapgnolo start manufacturing / mass producing mechs like the Nuovo Record?

Quick google result

In October the Record rear derailleur (chrome plated bronze) is introduced. This has a revised cage shape with the pivot behind and closer to the jockey pulley and center punched rivets; it is designed to be able to shift the new six-speed Regina freewheel. A new wider base clamp design for the cable guides and down tube shifters along with thicker down tube shift levers (with open “C” changed to closed “C”). The word “Record” is added to the hub barrels. Thicker heads on seat post adjusting bolts. Next generation Record headset with non-domed lock nut, plain keyed washer. The low-cost “CAMPAGNOLO” model derailleur, an economy version of the Gran Sport derailleur (cadmium plate body and black oxide finish on pulley cage with the word “CAMPAGNOLO” on body), and also the low-cost Sportman rear derailleur are introduced.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘There's retro and there's retro, but this…..’ is closed to new replies.