Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • There's more to life than a bike ride….
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

That’s what Mrs Coolhandluke just said!

We were doing a family ride today, tow path, ice cream etc but like last bank holiday Monday, now we’re not,

Daughters throat is sore.

We’ll probably trawl some shit retail park later and I guess she’ll make a dramatic recovery and go hose riding, like last bank holiday Monday.

I’m a bit pissed off if I’m honest but probably shouldn’t be.

weeksy

You go out then?

hairyscary

Hose riding!

Simple solution, go for a ride on your own. If they want to go to a retail park, then let them.

ajantom

It’s been piddling down with rain here for 24 hours, and I got a big ride on on Saturday. So I’m quite happy to chill with the fam today!

devash
    Free Member

In my general experience, a retail park is the last place you want to go on a bank holiday Monday unless you are of a masochistic disposition.

I’d go for an hour or two ride on your own.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Is she called Louise?

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

It’s Patio time.

rickon
    Free Member

My wife woke me up early this morning to go and ride bikes at Thornielee (it’s the new Golfie, now that’s out of action).

She’s ridden 4 days out of the last 5.

She also walked the dogs, so we could get out earlier.

I’ll need to ask her about hose riding.

ninfan
    Free Member

“oh, that’s a shame, I thought it would be good for us to get out in the fresh air together, and, well, you know… the exercise might be good for you”

Light blue touch paper, step back

spooky_b329

Go horse riding, makes a nice change from pedalling 🙂

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Spooky you don’t do any peddling…..

Sandwich

OP you don’t need that sort of negativity in your life. As Ming says your patio needs improving/installing.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Time to start searching for bachelor pad – less effort than the patio option

mrlebowski
    Free Member

P-Jay
    Free Member

I have to my eldest shows little love for riding, he’d probably try a mysterious illness to avoid one to, even a easy one with an ice cream at the end.

I hoping as he’s 11 now that when the testosterone starts to flow he might show more interest in “riding over rocks for the sake of it”.

Still, can’t win ’em all – he likes climbing and computer games, I’ve got another chance with his sister – she’s getting a balance bike next month.

jekkyl

mikewsmith
    Free Member

There’s more to life than a bike ride….

Like building bikes, fixing bikes, buying bikes, going to the pub to talk about bikes…

montgomery
    Free Member

Slippery slope. Next thing she’ll be telling you you can’t keep the bikes in the bedroom.

joat

I’ll need to ask her about hose riding.

Check your spelling as this, although it may have positional similarities, is an entirely different sport.

tang
    Free Member

My wife pulled a Louise on my Birthday the other week. Basically I had a ride planned for 4-5 hrs, back for lunch and rest of my birthday with family on the beach. The night before I’m in bed I get the ‘I don’t get ******* bicycles’ full tirade. Needles to say it’s dampened my enthusiasm and I cancelled the ride, only to spend even more of my birthday (glorious sunshine) with my MIL. Effectively invoking the ‘double Louise’ as she’s completely bonkers.
    Anyways, I got an apology and postponed ride happened a couple of days later…in the rain.

martinhutch

hose riding

There’s more to life than hose riding.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Well, we went on a ride,

They must have seen I was a bit annoyed.

They enjoyed it.

Result.

MrOvershoot

I’m both happy for you and a bit miffed as I was just getting ready to go out for a ride with a friend when I got the call from work to go in to sort out a PLC program fault 🙁

Back 1/2 hr but I’m to pissed off knackered to go out now 🙁

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘There's more to life than a bike ride….’ is closed to new replies.