Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • There's life in the old dog yet (ti inbred content)
  • campfreddie
    Free Member

Having ‘accidentally’ bought an On One Titanium Inbred frame from here recently (I wasn’t actually looking for a frame, but kind of ‘had to have it’ when I saw it), I’ve just finished nailing it together with a couple of hammers, some nails, a prit stik and some sticky back plastic. It is my first bike build of the winter (summer was a quiet one for me with only a Santa Cruz Chameleon and Cove Stiffee built to keep me occupied).

Spec is as follows (based upon what I has knocking about the bike cave from old builds, or bought off pinkbike):-

Right… as lovely as the Yeti ASR5 is, I want something fast for more local riding. I am therefore midway through the following build:-

On One (Lynskey) Titanium 18″ HT frame (stripped to bare metal with new white decals and metal Yorkshire Rose headtube badge)
    FSA Obit MX headset
    Fox 32 F100 forks
    Thomson 80mm stem
    Crank Bros Cobalt XC2 720mm low-rise bars
    Superstar lock-ons
    Thomson inline seatpost
    Charge Spoon saddle
    Salsa seat clamp
    Superstar 9mm bolt-through QR front & 10mm rear
    Hope Pro 3 XC3 / Stans 355 wheelset (1450g!)
    Scwalbe Rocket Ron / Racing Ralph (tubeless)
    Avid Elixir 5/R brakes with carbon levers and white hoses
    Hope 183/160 saw rotors
    Blackspire Badger 170mm cranks
    Blackspire Veloce Uno 34t chainring
    Superstar upper chain device
    Shimano SLX medium rear-mech with gold KCNC jockey wheels
    Shimano XT shifter
    Sram PG970 11-34 cassette with Sram chain
    Shimano PD-M540 SPD’s

The bike was built as a xc blaster for around the New Forest and Purbecks. I have the Yeti ASR5 for trail centres and a Cannondale singlespeed for commuting duties.

I hope you all like.

Cheers

TheGingerOne

I’ve literally just logged on and what do I see, but my old frame. Nice to see it has gone to a good home. Looks good with the new decals and headbadge.

Really hope you enjoy the ride, I certainly did over the years.

FYI 99.9% sure it’s not a Lynskey, but from the far east.

campfreddie
    Free Member

I called up On One to ask them and they weren’t sure but thought it was Lynskey. Perhaps Brant can shed some light for us?

letmetalktomark

I like that.

Looks purposeful without being overly flashy (meant in a good way 🙂 )

Loving the gold touches 🙂

Andy

Lynskey On Ones had a curved top tube. Lovely looking bike

rOcKeTdOg

what’s the weather like on the top of that seatpost?

campfreddie
    Free Member

Lol. Well it’s the only way I’m going to fit on an 18″ frame.

My ASR5 is a size large and they’re not exactly short in the top tube department. It remains to be seen how I get on with this frame. The top tube is fairly long and the bars are nice and wide, so it feels pretty good.

Alternatively, I may just sling it up for sale for what it cost me to build and then move on to the next project (I have a non-profit making, but non-loss making policy to building bikes…. If I’m not making money or losing money, I view it as a healthy and altruistic pastime)

takisawa2

Lovely.

But…that much post out of a Ti frame…hmmm.

My 16″ (steel) used to look the same, & came to no harm.

brant
    Free Member

That’s a Taiwanese Inbred Ti from the first ones we ever did.
    Made by ORA.

campfreddie
    Free Member

But is it any good? Lol

number18
    Free Member

Looks awesome, love it.

How much would you want when selling?

matt_outandabout

It is my first bike build of the winter

Scwalbe Rocket Ron / Racing Ralph

😯
    Great looking bike.

emac65
    Free Member

Old bike bits ? Your old bike bits are in better condition than the stuff on my bestest bike & most of it is only 2 months old….

BTW I still like my clanky old steel Inbred,it just feels right & was so happy when I built up a 29er Scandal to see how alike they were…

kinda666
    Free Member

Old bike bits ? Your old bike bits are in better condition than the stuff on my bestest bike

Try attaching it to your car properly then 😀

dbukdbuk
    Free Member

Very nice looking bike.

I did 24 miles ish on my SS Tinbred this morning. Had mine for something like 13 yrs (it was from the first batch of frames made). Still the bike I use most. It’s been through quite a few components in that time but still going strong.

Have fun.

nosedive
    Free Member

looks right nice. never wanted one if those but i do now

emac65
    Free Member

Try attaching it to your car properly then

That was on one of the other bikes… 😆
    Yours will never fall off though will it,you’d have to start using it first…….. 8)

campfreddie
    Free Member

Got it out for a ride today… What a lovely bike. Very comfy and very quick.

The Rocket Ron / Racing Ralph pairing is hilarious in the deep mud or on wet leaves, but it adds to the challenge.

Might well put it up for sale next week. Don’t need to sell it, or indeed any of the other bikes I have, but am toying with the idea of putting up a job lot package including the Yeti ASR5, Cannondale s/s and carbon-wheeled Giant TCR Advanced. A turn key fleet of bikes for a 5’10” to 6’1″ rider for less than the retail cost of the Yeti.

Kahurangi

A turn key fleet of bikes…

😯

shermer75
    Free Member

Might well put it up for sale next week. Don’t need to sell it, or indeed any of the other bikes I have, but am toying with the idea of putting up a job lot package including the Yeti ASR5, Cannondale s/s and carbon-wheeled Giant TCR Advanced. A turn key fleet of bikes for a 5’10” to 6’1″ rider for less than the retail cost of the Yeti.

You could do all that without losing money? Impressive!

campfreddie
    Free Member

yup… i’m pretty good at buying stuff. when i see a real bargain, i go for it.

the giant tcr was my brother’s and taken in part ex’ when i sold him my cinelli pro best of’… he’s now shifted that on in favour of a shiny new £10k Colnago.

the Yeti was an ex-demo from Bromley Bike Co which was stripped to the frame, all the old parts sold on here and then rebuilt with mainly new kit sourced from here, CRC, Merlin and the german websites.

i don’t mind making a loss of a couple of hundred across all the bikes as this is a small price to pay for the joy of creating them (and the sanity it gives me over the winter months), but i’d rather keep them than make a big loss.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘There's life in the old dog yet (ti inbred content)’ is closed to new replies.