Viewing 13 posts - 121 through 133 (of 133 total)
  • There's a lot of fatties on STW.
  • iDave
    Free Member

it’s a lifestyle choice….

Mantastic
    Free Member

18st 10lbs here, standing at 6ft 3inch you lot are just a bunch of light weights, according to the stats i am officially obese. But with a large frame and broad shoulders I only have a bit of extra padding, but have low blood pressure and a resting heartbeat of 45 bpm.

So i blow a rasberry at official measurement type numbers as i reach accross to my Friday morning bacon, black pudding and tinned tomato sandwich on crusty bread. yum yum and yum.

iDave
    Free Member
    Jamie
    Free Member

it’s a lifestyle choice….

Yup. A delicious lifestyle choice.

iDave
    Free Member

non biffers eat delicious food too, just not quite as much…

KINGTUT
    Free Member

6’2″ 85 kilos.

Jamie
    Free Member

non biffers eat delicious food too, just not quite as much…

Quantity > Quality

binners

All I’d say is that the race whippets who fly past me on the climbs, better get out of my bloody way once we get to the top. Because gravity is on my side from that point on skinny boy! And lets face it, its more fun that way round 🙂

hilldodger
    Free Member

I always let the chubbers go first down hill, makes for a nice soft landing if you bin it 😆

joemarshall
    Free Member

Like he says in that article, BMI is a good indicator of fatness for people who lead a relatively sedentary lifestyle.

When people pick outliers for whom it doesn’t work, to say that it is absurd, they’re almost always picking people like professional athletes, action film stars / body builders etc. who have vastly more training and muscle than your average person, and don’t lead a sedentary lifestyle. When it comes down to it however, pretty much no one else does that much training, eg. the once a week rugby players etc. who moan about BMI because ‘I play rugby, so I have loads of muscle mass’, are probably also bulked up somewhat because they drink tons and eat loads of kebabs after every match.

And really, has anyone ever met anyone skinny and fit who moans about how bad BMI is?

Joe

philconsequence
    Free Member

And really, has anyone ever met anyone skinny and fit who moans about how bad BMI is?

yup, anorexics who have to meet a certain BMI to be granted leave by their psychiatrist 😉

donsimon
    Free Member

Some days I look down and I can’t even see my toes!!! 😯 Damned shoes!

MrsToast
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzsWuqNlLK4[/video]

Viewing 13 posts - 121 through 133 (of 133 total)

The topic ‘There's a lot of fatties on STW.’ is closed to new replies.