Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • There seem to be an awful lot of roadies on here..
  • campkoala
    Free Member

Who’s the fastest STW roadie? (past or present?)

climber? (hillclimb placing?)
    roadracer? (cat?)
    TTist? (times?)
    Sprinter? (wins?)

I’m unremarkably average at everything on the road (other than wheelies) despite having ridden roadbikes 30+yrs.

Edric64
    Free Member

I will start not fast but tt times

10. 20.36
    25 56.12
    50 1.53.42
    100 4.08 .17
    12hr 224.748 miles

cynic-al
    Free Member

Gotta be jedi for TTs.

I’m probably the fastest triple rider 😎

campkoala
    Free Member

What’s a tripple rider? tri?

sounds pretty fast to me Edrik

Edric64
    Free Member

They were in their day which was the mid 90s !!.I`m now dieting to get near the weight I was then

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

my road bike is yellow, steel, old and looks great, therefor i am the bestest

cynic-al
    Free Member

campkoala – a proper source of shame on here, scroll down if you can handle the horror:

Triple Chainset by Seb Gray, on Flickr

campkoala
    Free Member

Yellow is my unlucky colour, had a few nice steel roadbikes in my time tho, fastest, bestest looking was an old red flying scot with full record. anyway back on topic.

Good luck Edric, I can’t face dieting but know fine that’s by far the biggest factor in my poor road performance these days

campkoala
    Free Member

Ah.. I know what you mean about shame on here Seb. 😳
    I still run square taper BBs too and old 8speed ultegra. good reliable kit innit? 😉

derekfish
    Free Member

None of them seem to want my road bike though 🙁

Horrible things road bikes.

oldgit
    Free Member

Edric64 a bit before you, mid eighties.

10 21.57
    25 57.16

Standard steel road bike, no clip ons or anything aero. Just some drillings and no helmet.

One road race win this year. Two 3rd. No cat just LVRCC.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’ll nominate DanEvs for climber & 10mile TT.

Welsh hill climb champ 2 years running, 6th in GB nationals. 19min 10mile TT (I think) and bloody quick on a MTB too

scaredypants

I thought it was pretty much accepted that I’m the fastest – possibly after “you know who” if he turns his hand to road as well

campkoala
    Free Member

Dan Evans? have heard/read of him

steve_b77
    Free Member

Yup as above

Edric64
    Free Member

Oldgit ,good times with no aerokit .I remember chatting to a very old chap at a 25 in the 90s just after I had done a 57 and he was telling me it was a bit quicker than his pb from the 50s .Checked when I got home and he was only 2 minutes off the comp record ! Bit like doing a long 47 now !!

Ooohh . . . TA chainrings!

Off for a cold shower.

njee20
    Free Member

Don’t think Matt Cliton posts on here, he was very active on BikeMagic back in the day, he’s won bloody loads of hill climbs, including the Nat Champs.

Edric64
    Free Member

I used an old school TA chainset on L`eroica this year

vickypea
    Free Member

I’m new to road biking, so don’t have any times from when I was young and fit!
    here are my times from this year. Not v fast but ok for a 45 year old woman with no aero kit:
    10 miles- 26:46
    25 miles – 1h 09

IanW
    Free Member

Haven’t got any TT times but usually average 22mph on my 17lb Full Susser whenever I’m on he road.

eskay

Early-mid 90’s:

10: 22.10
    25: 57.20
    50: 2.02

Edit: on a steel frame!

premier
    Free Member

Bit of a willy waving thread but I’ve had a beer so why not. Always mixed mtb and road but more on the road these days but been a member on here for years. Never really raced much on the MTB but

10 18.34
    25 48.12

15 Elite RR wins this year

Goz
    Free Member

Years ago, early eighties.

10: 21.58
    25: 57.21
    50: 1.56.14
    100:4.03.31

on a steel aero tubed Argos, cinelli M71 pedals and L shaped cranks!

campkoala
    Free Member

Bit of a willy waving thread but I’ve had a beer so why not.

nevermind waving a bit after a beer, you should be spraying us all with champers as we look on in awe. 😯 they’re well impressive times/results.

oldgit
    Free Member

Edric 64 there were some big names about at the time, the ante was well and truly upped. We TT’d at least once a week and they were my best by quite a margin. I wasn’t that into to TT, but they were on a fast Essex road which I now believe is closed to TT’s

eskay

The WTTA Hard Rider series was my favourite kind of TT, there were some great courses on that series.

LS
    Free Member

Nothing as impressive as premier, but:

10m 20 06
    25m 51 08
    50m 1 48 09
    100m 3 51 —

Won a few HCs, TTs and RRs on hilly circuits but predominantly race CX and MTB.

samuri
    Free Member

I bet you lot are all trying though.

The real skill is doing average whilst looking nonchalant about it. That’s how you measure the best.

Like this chap.

njee20
    Free Member

10 18.34
    25 48.12

Chapeau

Haven’t got any TT times but usually average 22mph on my 17lb Full Susser whenever I’m on he road.

Two boasts in 4 words, well done. If you’re being serious then you need to get yourself into some road races.

campkoala
    Free Member

I’d assumed those were just Ian’s poor attempt at humour

warton
    Free Member

10 18.34
    25 48.12

Jesus, you’re less than a minute off the UK record!

good work!

lilchris
    Free Member

Excellent troll 8)

campkoala
    Free Member

You seem have miss spelled “obvious”

titusrider
    Free Member

I’m not fast, and I don’t race. Most of my KOM’s or top ten’s are on descents

here take a look:
    http://veloviewer.com/athlete/1527861/

(ps velo viewer is pretty awesome, whats your score?)

campkoala
    Free Member

High 70s I only have 2 road KOM,(maybe another 15 mtb) around here road segments’re all pretty much sewn up by a few professional roadies and one or two top amateurs. Even the descents are out of reach by quite a margin. A lot of road KOMz are wind assisted or attained in a group too so times are not all that helpful on their own

Thread wasn’t meant to be about Strava, tho, there’s a STW strava club if you want to see how you stack up digitally

LS
    Free Member

99.56 – http://veloviewer.com/athlete/683793/summary
    Don’t put much stall in that though – most Strava stuff is bobbins. Race results are what counts.

IanW
    Free Member

If the claims can be linked to the race records, Stravas pretty traceable, dodgy results are easy to spot and the wind blows for everyone.

TiRed

Not fast enough;

72:22 for my one and only club 25 this year. Top third in club hill climb yeterday. Top third in Cat 4 and E1234 road races all season. But Cat 4 is pretty competitive here in London (50 riders, 25+ mph average). I was top 20 for Swinley Blue loop too on Strava a few months back. And I’m fast uphill from Deerstalker to Labyrinth on my SS 😈

At the point where proper training, rather than commuting and club rides, is needed to go further.

LS
    Free Member

If the claims can be linked to the race records, Stravas pretty traceable, dodgy results are easy to spot and the wind blows for everyone.

That assumes though that people are giving it effort on Strava. Many aren’t, it’s just a training-logging tool. In a race you can guarantee that everyone is giving it some effort, and everyone is there at the same time (or within an hour or two in a TT) so conditions are comparable.
    I’m ‘faster’ than a fair few big names on Strava on some segments, for all I know they were on a winter bike into a headwind at recovery pace while I was caning the best bike during a hill reps session 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘There seem to be an awful lot of roadies on here..’ is closed to new replies.