Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • There are good people out there…
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Last week my wife was putting our 17 month old twins in the car but as it was raining heavily, she popped one in, leaving the other in the house.

The minute she turned her back our girl popped a latch on the door, leaving her locked in the house.

So I dash home to try to help and was thinking I would need to smash a door down or something. Anyway – I decided to walk around to the front of our house to see if there would be a less painful way in and spotted that a neighbour had a joiner at his house so I thought I would be cheeky and ask if he could help.

He came round and looked at all the options, tried to pop an externally-beaded double glazed window (but the pane was bonded in) and explored various other options. Eventually he decided to pry open the (barely used) front door (fortunately we had the key for it so there was just one bolt keeping it shut). 5 minutes later he was in with barely a mark and just leaving me to refit the bolt (this just as the little ‘um was trying to eat a hair clip).

Anyway, we didn’t have any money on us but I promised to sort him out with something as a thank you. He was back at the neighbours yesterday so my wife popped round with £20 but he flatly refused to take it, saying anyone would have done it in those circumstances. All he asked was that we consider him the next time we need any work doing (and as it happens my father-in-law DOES need some work doing, so he is calling him today).

Not sure why I am telling you all this, but hey, these days all there seems to be is shit news and it is nice for someone to do something selfless for once so I thought I would share it.

🙂

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

OOOOOHHH – the perfect parent image is slipping. 😉

GrahamS

I like a good news story. +1

wwaswas

It’s good when the actions of other people when you need help leaves you with a warm glow inside 🙂

This is the perfect book for you;

Alfie and his mum and baby sister, Annie Rose, arrive home after shopping. While his mum struggles with the pushchair outside, Alfie rushes inside and slams the door behind him. So now Alfie’s stuck inside and his mum and Annie Rose are stuck outside without a key! Soon everyone in the street is trying to help rescue Alfie – but he’s got a plan of his own…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

You tell my wife that – she will kill you to death.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I saw the movie of ‘Alfie gets in first’ They must have used a different actor.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Heh – I can see a Christmas present there…

🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

my youngest did this pushed door shut when I was outside with his brother awful feeling and what a gent

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

What I can’t figure out is how nice things sometimes happen to nasty people.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Well if it helps Darcy, karma has been restored, Tesco made a delivery last night, damaged my car and drove off.

Currently trying to get them to accept that they drove into my car (on private property). Heyho.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Feckers 🙁

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Aye – second time it has happened (my neighbour had her car bashed about 3 months ago by the same people).

john_drummer
    Free Member

There’s a lesson there – don’t shop online at Tesco 😉

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

There’s a lesson there – don’t shop online at Tesco

If they don’t accept liability I may just stop.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘There are good people out there…’ is closed to new replies.