Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • There are 2 types of cyclist…..
  • jekkyl

Type A: those that are addicted to cycling
    Type B: those that occasionally enjoy cycling.

Type A needs to ride every week, every day if possible. If they are not actually cycling then they are thinking about cycling. They are always considering where their next ride will be or what cycling tool, part or accessory they will need next. Family day trips and holidays are planned with cycling in mind and their next cycle is prioritised (generally) above all else, (this may not always be noticeable by other people) If they go too long without being on 2 wheels they start to go a bit crazy.

Type B occasionally enjoys cycling.

Feel free to add any observations about type A or B, which you are or any other discussion upon the subject, I’m just off out cycling. 🙂

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

A for me. 😳

tenfoot

Definitely a type A.

I recently changed jobs so i could ride in to work once or twice a week. If I’m not riding, I’m thinking about it or reading about it or on here listening to people talking about it.

porlus
    Free Member

Used to be an A. More B now. Ride when I want and just enjoy it when I do. Bloke at work is an A. Calls his riding training. So a totally different mindset to me. Mind you he’s single and its all he does.

steezysix
    Free Member

My brain is type A, my body is type B.

coogan
    Free Member

I ride 6 days a week, but 5 of those are just commuting. I love biking, but it’s not my life. There is loads of other stuff I like to do. Wouldn’t want it to be the ‘be all and end all’ of my life, there is lots more to life than just riding/thinking/lusting after bikes in my opinion. I’m not either of the options I guess, I just like have a larf on bikes.

noltae
    Free Member

What type then are commuters ?

jekkyl

For the purposes of classification I suppose commuters are exempt from these types, let this be about cycling for leisure.
    Coogan you are type B.

Sundayjumper

Steezy & I are both on the same sofa.

mooman
    Free Member

The type A sounds a pretty horrendous type of cyclist to be. And type B doesn`t sound much better either.
    Kinda suggests both cycle for reasons other than enjoyment.

How about a type C too?

Type C: Rides purely for enjoyment. Be that 1 day a month or 7 days a week. They cycle only because they want to.

Type C here.

dknwhy

I’m a type A which makes me a shit to live with most of the time.

PeteG55
    Free Member

Type A, ride everyday if possible, ride pretty much all types, always looking at the next N+1, and if that’s not enough I even work in the industry. Obsessed? Maybe.

coogan
    Free Member

Yeah, I’m C, not a B. In fact I’d rather not pigeon hole myself. I ride bikes for a larf, like I said.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I’m a right C

RobHilton
    Free Member

Is there a type D for those who constantly buy/sell frames, parts etc. are obsessed with MBUK, believe everything they read, refuse to learn how to actually ride a bike cos they think they know better, never ride on their own and when it comes to it don’t even enjoy trail centres cos they can barely get round one cos thry’re so unfit?

Or is that a combination of D/E/F?

Edit1: I am actually thinking of one person here

Edit2: No, it’s not Hora

bearnecessities

Ooh, I want to be an E type!

DezB
    Free Member

Nope. Don’t fit any of those mentioned.

Ticklinjock

I thought – why polarise? …creating groups with extreme characteristics.

Then I noticed the OPs forum name. 🙂

edhornby

I waver between a and b, commuting by Nike gives me a fix to stop the worst of the cravings 🙂

TheBrick
    Free Member

Midway. Between A and B. Cycling has been the only consistent interest of mine has provided me with employment in the past, is major feature of holidays were possible, I don’t like the area I live in due to the available cycling, but I don’t ride every day by a long short, sometimes for weeks on end. Cycling is a very time intensive activity even getting 2 free hours is tough let alone enough to go mtbing or a long road ride.

SaxonRider

I’m taking mooman’s ‘C’. I ride pretty miuch every day because it is the way I choose to travel to work. Alongside all the other advantages to bicycle commuting, though, I also love it. It makes my work day better.

On top of that, I try to get out at least weekly – whether with my kids or on my own, on a mountain bike or, now, on a road bike. It doesn’t always work for me because of the fact that I am juggling too many responsibilities, but when I do manage, it just makes me feel better.

I saw a cycling t-shirt on ebay that said: ‘Cycling: A pilgrimage on two wheels’, and I would agree with that.

Ultimately, I have a pretty full life without riding; but cycling definitely makes it even better.

chakaping
    Free Member

A definitely.

Went three days without riding last week and it felt weird and wrong.

kayla1
    Free Member

I’m an (A+B)/2 I reckon, I love it, and I’m fortunate enough that I can build a decent ride into my daily routine if I fancy but I don’t go (too) mental if I can’t manage it for one reason or another. Sometimes life intrudes on living!

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Nah – I’m not buying that.

I’m not addicted to cycling, but I do ride most days and enjoy it when I do.

cakefacesmallblock

Type C here, with type A tendencies, on the occasion I have some spare cash, or time. 😉

saxabar
    Free Member

Would like to invent another category, but Type A fits too well. The definition above make this type appear high-string: they’re not, as long at they’ve been out riding!

ton

A but on steroids. i think i am addicted to cycling. my life pretty much revolves around it.
    holidays, spare time, clothing, vehicles are all choosen with cycling in mind.

sad…some will think so, but i love it.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

There needs to be another category. I’ve got 3 bikes in the garage & ride them when I feel like it, I’m certainly not addicted but I ride more than just occasionally.

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

A and proud of it.
    Work, family, and racing bikes. That’s my life.

benji
    Free Member

Definitely a type A here. The nightmare that wakes me up most involves my bike being stolen. Comment at work the other day as I’m missing a works night out to go racing, was you love your bikes more than us, which I informed them was correct, love all my bikes, whether mending, riding or just looking at them.

amedias
    Free Member

leffeboy

My body is a A but my brain is an B. I need to ride otherwise I start to go a bit mad and I generally go downhill but I don’t think about it all the time or make sure I ride. My wife spots it and makes sure I get out

Wives are good

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

B. Life is too short and too bountiful to be all consumed by one passion.

Edric64
    Free Member

There are cyclists and riders of bikes, they are my classifications

Cowman

I think its broke into two.

Those that go out on their bikes when its really raining, and those that wont.

househusband

Can I be the first Type AB…

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Can I be the first Type AB

Negative.

IdleJon

mooman – Member

The type A sounds a pretty horrendous type of cyclist to be. And type B doesn`t sound much better either.
    Kinda suggests both cycle for reasons other than enjoyment.

How about a type C too?

Type C: Rides purely for enjoyment. Be that 1 day a month or 7 days a week. They cycle only because they want to.

Type C here.

I don’t see why that’s any different to type B?

Type B: those that occasionally enjoy cycling.

stewartc
    Free Member

I refuse to be labelled…but if you insist, probably B.

Due to work, family and the enjoyment of other pastimes I can sometimes go a week or two without riding, its not a big deal but ultimately I always try to set aside time to ride if possible, whether solo or in a group, rain or sunshine, long rides or fun DH shuttles, its all good.

ads678

Yep 2 types of cyclist, those that like to put labels on it and those that like riding bikes. I’m the latter.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘There are 2 types of cyclist…..’ is closed to new replies.