Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The real reason why you shouldn't watch the Danny MacAskill Playboy Video –
  • Harry_the_Spider

It isn’t very good.

End of thread.

m360
    Free Member

Which video is this? I’d have thought STW would have mentioned a new Danny Mac video 😉

unklehomered
    Free Member

+1

dc11
    Free Member

I quite liked the ‘reverse nose wheelie thingy’.

ohrats
    Free Member

I’d still maintain the opinion that he has an abnormally high skill level and is a very expressive and creative rider. IMO the PlayBoy video wasn’t as impressive as his other stuff but was still cool. (the blonde one was nice aswell)

Jamie
    Free Member

unklehomered
    Free Member

I’d argue a [imo tacky] gimmick does not a good video make. There were a few interesting moves but they didn’t justify a vid, might fill a trailer…

Harry_the_Spider

What is this monster I have created?

Please continue here. http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/singletrack-decide-not-to-cover-the-danny-macaskill-playboy-video

Mods! Kill this!

Jamie
    Free Member

No, no. You reap what you have sown, Sonny Jim.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Surely this is the thread for discussing whether the vid is actually any good. I say, not really. The other thread is the thread for discussing the validity of STW’s decision not to cover it in their news section. Which I will not comment on here.

Tell you what, I did think the production of the video, was above the usual standard. Some lovely filters used I suspect. Wasted on a poor vid though.

Jamie
    Free Member

I should preface this by saying Danny Mac. has more skill in his little finger than I have in my whole body.

…but. His style of riding/video is one that loses it’s appeal quite quickly. Manuals etc become filler while we wait for the next BIG trick, like the flip off the tree in his first vid that went viral. I know he needs to keep his profile up, but I think he would be better served putting out 1 amazing vid a year showcasing his skills in an amazing location, and do all the corporate/ad/appearance stuff to pay the bills.

Oh, hang on. I have just wrote all that shit, and then realised that is what he is doing anyway.

FFS.

duntstick
    Free Member

Never mind all that, limited number of tricks. Seen them all before.

Let’s come up with suggestions for repeating the same tricks elsewhere

Disneyland
    Everest
    Bergen-Belsen

chip
    Free Member

Watching danny macs not on the list, so you are fine.

Northwind

When he put out his last video, everyone said “seen it all before” even though it had a trick that’d never been filmed before by anyone. So if I was him, I’d be saying **** you internet, it’s just reverse wheelies from here on in. And tits.

I liked the bit around the waterfall, nice smooth rockwork and that. Felt like a leaf out of Chris Akrigg’s book mind.

dannyh
    Free Member

It isn’t very good.

End of thread.

Yes, but that means you have watched it and I’m not taking an internet stranger’s word for anything, so here goes…..

nedrapier

I just did the same. Doubt I would have without all the wall to wall coverage and discussion of the non coverage and discussion on Singletrack Magazine of the new Danny MacAskill Redbull Playboy video.

not that great, is it? Impressive, but not in same league. pretty tawdry music as well.

rOcKeTdOg

Are there any beards in it?

dannyh
    Free Member

I can’t believe no one has commented on the state of the lawn at 1:35. Needs a good mow in my opinion. Surely this is accepted STW practice, so I’m not sure why no one has pointed it out yet.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Danny Mac. has more skill in his little finger than I have in my whole body

I demand to see his Photoshop/ GIF work and I demand to see it now

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

FWIW

I met Danny Mac. whilst on holiday last month.

He was working on a ‘homegrown’ video. Set in proper mountains (a.k.a. fffing lethal) on a Santa Cruz MTB.

Plus, at least one ‘never done before’ moment.

Will be worth watching!!

Cheers, Paul.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘The real reason why you shouldn't watch the Danny MacAskill Playboy Video –’ is closed to new replies.